Sexy swimming anime isn’t just en vogue, it’s en fuego in 2017!
Earlier today, a fan event for the High Speed! -Free! Starting Days- movie was held in Tokyo. At the event, it was revealed that two Free! anime compilation films, as well as a new sequel film are in the works.
Two compilation films will be released, which will cover the two Free! anime seasons. The two films are as follows:
- Free! Timeless Medley Kizuna (Bonds): April 22, 2017
- Free! Timeless Medley Yakusoku (Promise): July 1, 2017
Kizuna will revolve around the members of the Iwatobi Swim Club. The second film, Yakusoku, will take a more intimate look as it focuses on Rin and Sousuke. Both features will include new footage.
Kyoto Animation started streaming a teaser trailer for the feature, which you can check out below:
In addition, The official Free! anime website updated with the first cast and crew details for the features, along with early character visuals.
The film will star the following:
- Haruka Nanase: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Makoto Tachibana: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- Nagisa Hazuki: Tsubasa Yonaga
- Rei Ryugazaki: Daisuke Hirakawa
- Rin Matsuoka: Mamoru Miyano
- Sosuke Yamazaki: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Aiichiro Nitori: Kouki Miyata
- Momotaro Mikoshiba: Kenichi Suzumura
- Asahi Shiina: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
- Ikuya Kirishima: Kouki Uchiyama
Eisaku Kawanami was tapped to direct the films at Animation Do and Kyoto Animation, with Futoshi Nishiya (Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club, Nichijou – My Ordinary Life) providing character designs. Masahiro Yokotani (Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club, The Devil is a Part-Timer!) is in charge of the films’ scripts.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Music: Tatsuya Katou
- Character Design: Futoshi Nishiya
- Art Director: Joji Unoguchi
- 3D Director: Yuji Shibata
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Director of Photography: Kazuya Takao
- Color setting: Yuka Yoneda
- Prop Design: Seiichi Akitake
Shochiku will distribute the films under their banner.
Theme Song Details
Style Five, which is composes of the title’s five main cast mbmers, will perform the first film’s theme song, Rising Free. The single will hit Japanese retailers on July 15.
Ticket sales for the two films will open on Saturday, at participating theaters. Individual tickets will include one of eight clear files, while supplies last. Folks who buy pairs of tickets will receive a double-pocket clear folder.
New Movie Project
The new movie project will be titled Free! -Take Your Marks-. The feature will be a sequel to the Timeless Medley features, and slated for a Fall 2017 release.
The feature will be set in March, with Haruka graduating from high school. The movie will tell four stories, each of which is set in the early days of spring. Through each tale, viewers will get a look at the various members of the swim clubs before they enter a new phase of their lives.