As many of you know, I have a bit of a problem when it comes to dealer’s rooms at anime conventions. I tend to try to catch up on releases I’ve missed, titles I want, and merchandise that I’ve been trying to find over the course of the year. As a result, I end up spending like a drunken sailor, and hating myself for a good day or two, as I curse under my breath and vow to never repeat my mistakes going forward.
That never really works. And, with this year’s excursion, I ended up repeating the mistakes of the past as I snapped up over a dozen releases, new and old. In addition to the normal gets, I also spent a good few bucks grabbing Bad Anime Night candidates, which makes the overall list seem a bit, well… strange to the casual observer.
Anyway, I digress. For those that are curious, I ended up lugging the following onto the train home this year:
- Magic User’s Club, Volumes 1-7
- Fushigi Yugi, Volume 1
- Fushigi Yugi, Volume 2
- Tweeny Witches, Complete Series
- This Boy Can Fight Aliens
- The Irresponsible Captain Tylor: OVA Collection
- Hirameki Project: Complete Collection
- Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Volume 3
- Bunny Drop, Premium Edition
- Sailor Moon, Volumes 1-6 (manga)
- The Soul of Anime (book, signed)