Anime conventions bring out the weirdest side of me. Each year, I promise myself that I won’t over-spend. And yet, every year, I find myself eagerly plunking down hundreds of bucks on DVDs, Blu-rays, and other merchandise that I probably don’t need and won’t get to watching for months to come.
Seriously, the money would probably be better spent on coke.
Joking aside, I’ve got a weird affinity for the Dealer’s Room. Every time I set foot inside, I find myself eyeing titles I enjoyed once but long forgot, or “must have” shows that are already on my radar. On top of that, I have Bad Anime Night candidates, random odds and ends, and unusual goodies that seem to find their way into my possession somehow. Wallets cry, and common sense starts to really look like a lost concept, as I pack up my haul at the end of the weekend.
This year was no different. This year’s take-home was an example of binge-buying at its finest. The final take-home (pictured below), consists of the following:
- Gokudo (Complete Series)
- Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Complete Series)
- Baccano! (Complete Series)
- Ninja Resurrection/Blood Reign: Curse of the Undead Yoma 2-Pack
- Kite (Uncut)
- Wandaba Style (Complete Collection)
- Virgin Fleet
- Princess Jellyfissh (Complete Series, Blu-Ray)
- Mahoromatic (Complete Series)
- Here Is Greenwood
- Chance Pop Session (Complete Series)
- House of Five Leaves (Premium Edition)
- The Fuccoons (Volume 0)
- Shamanic Princess
- The Humanoid
- (Not Pictured) Game Center CX Volume 1
- Excel Saga Lunchbox (x2, 1 pictured)
- Saiyuki T-Shirt (Not Pictured)
What big dealer’s room scores did you come home with this year, everyone?