When it made its début last fall’s anime season, Coppelion was regarded as one of the more interesting titles to hit. It was a tale of three girls, making their way through post-apocalyptic Tokyo with the hope that they can save those who survived a great tragedy. It’s a hauntingly beautiful series, with a wonderfully bleak atmosphere.
Viz will release Coppelion in a Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack on February 3. To promote the release, the company posted a trio of clips from the show’s English dub. Key moments from episodes 2, 4, and 7 made their way to YouTube last night. They’re short, but the clips give a great idea of how the talent works for the show itself.
As for the performances as a whole, they’re decent. There’s nothing that will knock viewers’ socks off, but the overall performance doesn’t appear to be really lacking, at the same time.
The casting is interesting, though, with a lot of major players like Spike Spencer, Richard Epcar, and Cherami Leigh. With this in mind, there is real potential for a stand-out performance or two that really sells the show, once the final product hits.
The English dub cast is confirmed as follows:
- Ibara Naruse: Erica Lindbeck
- Aoi Fukasaku: Cassandra Lee Morris
- Taeko Nomura: Shelby Lindley
- Haruto Kurosawa: Max Mittelman
- Kanon Ozu: Cherami Leigh
- Shion Ozu: Sarah Anne Williams
- Onihei Mishima: Keith Silverstein
- Ibuse: Sean Chiplock
- Mitsuo Kawabata: Kirk Thornton
- Yukiko Kawabata: Karen Strassman
- Denjiro Shiba: Taylor Henry
- Kamata: Michael Sorich
- Granny Ayame: Barbara Larsen
- Foreman Kurobe: Richard Epcar
- Gennai Ishikawa: Geoffrey Chalmers
- Gojiro Kajii: Marc Diraison
- Ibuki Kajii: Amanda C. Miller
- No-sense: Spike Spencer
- Kunikida: Steve Kramer
- Natsume: Joe Ochman
- Ougai: Joe J. Thomas
- Taro: Kaiji Tang