To promote the upcoming Pretty Cure All Stars: Spring Carnival♪ movie, Chiquita wants to put a banana into the youth of Japan.
Wait… let’s back that up.
Chiquita teamed up with Toei Animation to promote Pretty Cure All Stars: Spring Carnival♪. Chiquita will release bananas packaged in special Pretty Cure packaging. The bananas’ signature blue seal will receive a slight makeover to include one of the Pretty Cure franchise characters.
A total of 109 distinct seal types will be produced, which will feature 40 human characters and 29 fairy companions from the series. The human characters will receive two distinct designs, leading to a total 109 seal types.
Customers will be able to redeem their bar codes via the campaign’s official website to enter a quiz contest. Those who successfully complete the quiz will be entered to win the following:
- Grand Prize (1 Winner): A stay for two in the Ikenotaira Hotel’s Go! Princess Pretty room
- Second Prize (5 Winners): Reikoppu RS Futon Cleaner
- Third Prize (10 Winners): Go! Princess Precure Pretty Princess Perfume
- Fourth Prize (30 Winners): Set of two Pretty Cure All Stars: Spring Carnival♪ movie posters
For those who aren’t up to snuff on their trivia, each redeemed bar code will be added to a drawing for character goods or more practical items. These will be given out in two waves: Entries for the first drawing will run through April 5. The second wave will run from April 6 through May 6.
The list of prizes is as follows:
- A Prize (500 Winners): Pretty Cure All Stars: Spring Carnival♪ Long Cushion
- B Prize (250 Winners): Non-specific Gift Catalog
- C Prize (500 Winners): Pretty Cure All Stars: Spring Carnival♪ Beach Towel
- D Prize (250 Winners): 3,000 Yen ($24.74) in cash
You can take a look at the prizes below.
Source: ITMedia’s NetoRabo