Cue the kitty punch, everyone, there’s Non Non Biyori news afoot!
Earlier today, the official Media Factory Twitter account announced that the upcoming Non Non Biyori Repeat will hit Japanese TV in July. Previously, it was confirmed that the series would begin airing in the summer, though a specific time frame was not mentioned.
Non Non Biyori Repeat is a follow-up to 2013’s Non Non Biyori, which was originally greenlit for production in April 2014. In the months that followed, we’ve received confirmation that the original staff will return to work on the series.
The confirmed staff for the series is as follows:
- Director: Shinya Kawamo
- Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida
- Script: Reiko Yoshida, Fumihiko Shimo, Yuka Yamada
- Character Design: Mai Otsuka
- Chief Animation Directors: Mai Otsuka, Yuki Imoto
- Color design: Miyuki Kibata
- Background Art: Kusanagi
- Art Director: Anna Ooizumi (Kusanagi)
- Music: Hiromi Mizutani
- Music Production: Lantis
- Animation Production: SILVER LINK
In addition, musical group nano.RIPE, who performed the first show’s opening, will provide the opening in Non Non Biyori Repeat.
Since the show’s 2014 announcement, a pair of key visuals and an 80-second promotional teaser made their way online. You can check these out below: