Is Rokka the hero we need, or the hero we deserve?
Earlier today, the official Rokka ~Braves of the Six Flowers~ (Rokka no Yuusha) anime website updated with a selection of character design visuals. Seven visuals were added, each of which shows off one of the show’s major cast members.
Rokka ~Braves of the Six Flowers~ is based on Ishio Yamagata’s series of light novels of the same name. The series was first announced last November, on the wraparound jacket of the third collection of the manga adaptation.
Pony Canyon started streaming the first promotional video for the series on March 21.
The teaser revealed the major staff members attached to the project. The full list is as follows:
- Director: Takeo Takahashi (MAOYU, Spice and Wolf)
- Assistant Director: Sei Sanpei
- Script: Tatsuhiko Urahata (DNA², NANA)
- Music: Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Magic User’s Club)
- Character Design: Sayaka Koiso (Rail Wars!)
- Chief Animation Director: Sayaka Koiso
- Color design: Hitomi Sano
- Composition: Tatsuhiko Urahata
- Monster Design: Tatsuya Fukushima
- Prop Design: Etsunobu Iwanaga
At this year’s Sakura-Con, PonyCan USA announced that they licensed the series for North America, and that it would be released under the title Rokka ~Braves of the Six Flowers~. Shortly after the announcement, the company launched an official English-language website for the series, and released an English-subtitled version of the teaser that was released in March.
Rokka ~Braves of the Six Flowers~ anime series will begin airing on Japanese TV this July.
Currently, one key visual is available, which you can check out below: