Earlier today, the official website for the A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako’s Feet (Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru) anime series updated with a list of the project’s major staff members, as well as a confirmation that the series will hit Japanese TV this fall. The following will work on the series:
- Director: Makoto Kato (Aldnoah.Zero episode director)
- Sub-Director: Makoto Bessho (Armitage: Dual-Matrix, Shangri-La)
- Series Composition: Takayo Ikami (Penguindrum, Yurikuma Arashi Episode 1)
- Character Designer/Chief Animation Director: Michio Sato (Viper’s Creed [Character Design], Magical Canan [Chief Animation Director])
- Animation Production: Troyca (Aldnoah.Zero)
- Original Character Design: Tetsuo
In addition, the site updated with a new key visual, which you can check out below:
A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako’s Feet is based on Shiori Ota’s light novel series of the same name. The series was first revealed in February, when a teaser website for the show opened, with a notice that planning was underway.
The original light novels began publication in 2013, with the sixth volume hitting Japanese stores on February 25. The series currently has over 600,000 copies in circulation. Since its début, A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako’s Feet was also adapted into a trio of radio dramas, which starred Yuuki Kaji as Shōtarō and Ami Koshimizu as Sakurako.
The light novel series also received a televised push in 2014, on the localized version of crime drama (or is it a dramedy?) Bones.