Class is about to begin at Hoshi no Umi Academy.
Earlier today, the official Charlotte anime website updated with new information about the cast, broadcast networks, and theme songs.
The show’s voice roles will be filled as follows:
- Yu Otosaka: Kouki Uchiyama (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn)
- Nao Tomori: Ayane Sakura (Is the Order a Rabbit?)
- Joujiro Takajyo: Takahiro Mizushima (Assassination Classroom)
- Yusa Nishimori: Maaya Uchida (Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions)
- Misa: Maaya Uchida (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma)
- Ayumi Otosaka: Momo Asakura (Sakura Trick)
In addition to her two roles on the show, Maaya Uchida will also provide vocals for in-show band “How-Low-Hello.”
Charlotte‘s opening theme will be Lia’s Bravely You, while the closing will be Aoi Tada’s Yakeochinai Tsubasa (The Wings That Won’t Be Burned Down).
Lia previously performed Tori no Uta (Bird Song), the opening theme for the Air visual novel. Aoi Tada is best known for her performance of Brave Song in Angel Beats!
Charlotte is slated to hit Japanese TV in July. The series will run on Tokyo MX, Chiba TV, tvk, TV Saitama, Tochigi TV, Gumna TV, MBS, CBC TV, Tulip TV and BS11 when it stars airing. At the moment, though, a specific première date has yet to be announced.
To promote the series, the official Charlotte Twitter account tweeted a pair of stills, as well as a logo for in-show band “How-Low-Hello.”
We previously reported that Jun Maeda and character designer Na-Ga would reunite to work on the series. The production is slated to be a joint work between Key Visual, Aniplex, and P.A. Works. The confirmed staff for the project is as follows:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Ah! My Goddess, Angel Beats!)
- Character Adaptation: Kanami Sekiguchi
- Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida