Even the icy grip of the hereafter won’t stop people from finding true love! Or something!
Earlier today, Mr. Tired Media launched a Kickstarter campaign for Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~.
Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~ is an original project, which fuses elements from visual novels and dungeon-crawling RPGs into a romantic comedy adventure.
Mr. Tired describes the project as follows:
Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~ tells the tale of Reginald “Reggie” Happenstahnce, who just so happens to be the son of the scientist who created the cure for the zombie plague. And as his luck would have it, he is told all this by a wild cast of girls who didn’t quite finish turning into brainless zombies. Their bodies may be dead, but their hearts are still human. They want him to succeed in his quest to deliver the cure somewhere it can be mass-produced and dosed out properly, so they will venture into dangerous territory in an effort to protect him from getting infected–under the condition that he act as their loot donkey and carry all their things.
At the moment, Undead Darlings is planned for PC, with a targeted release date of May 2016. Stretch goals are in place, though, for potential PlayStation 4 ($100,000) and Vita ($225,000) versions of the game.
The project has a funding goal of $50,000. As of press time, funding stands at $50.
Backer rewards include:
- $5: Digital Wallpapers
- $25: Digital Copy of Undead Darlings, Digital Wallpapers (Limited, 250)
- $30: Digital Copy of Undead Darlings, Digital Wallpapers
- $55: Digital Copy of Undead Darlings, Soundtrack, Digital Art Book, Digital Wallpapers
- $70: Digital Copy of Undead Darlings, Soundtrack, Physical Art Book, Digital Wallpapers
- $110: Digital Copy of Undead Darlings, Soundtrack, Physical Art Book, T-Shirt, Digital Wallpapers, free upgrade to physical copy (if PS4 goal reached)
- $165: 32″ x 32″ Wall Scroll, All rewards in $100 tier
- $250: Design a wall texture, All rewards in $165 tier (Limited, 50)
- $500: Signed, unique print by character designer Hitsukuya, All rewards in $165 tier (Limited 10)
- $3,000: Mr. Tired will fly to your house and cook you dinner, All rewards in $165 tier (Limited 2)
- $5,000: Custom vocal song in-game, All rewards in $165 tier (Limited 1)
In addition to the original artwork, Mr. Tired listed several screenshots, as well as a trailer for the title. You can check both out below.