Move over, Devilman, it’s the Cyborg 009 crew’s time to shine!
Earlier today, the official Cyborg 009 vs. Devilman website updated with casting information for the major Cyborg 009 cast members. The three-episode series will star the following:
- 001/Ivan Whisky: Haruka Shiraishi
- 002/Jet Link: Tomoaki Maeno
- 003/Françoise Arnoul: M・A・O
- 004/Albert Heinrich: Hiroki Tōchi
- 005/Geronimo Jr.: Tsuyoshi Koyama
- 006/Chang Changku: Yū Mizushima
- 007/Great Britain: Hozumi Gōda
- 008/Pyunma: Ayuma Okamuru
- 009/Joe Shimamura: Jun Fukuyama
In addition, a series of character sheets were released, which you can check out below.
Last week, the site revealed the casting for the the characters from Devilman. Shintarō Asanuma was confirmed to be playing Akira Fudo (Devilman). Akira Fudo and Satoshi Hino will portray Miki Makimura and Ryo Asuka, respectively.
The feature, which was first unveiled in June, will hit Japanese retailers starting in November.
Originally, new projects in both Cyborg 009 and Devilman were revealed to be receiving limited theatrical screenings. At the time, though, the two properties weren’t linked. Rather, they were revealed independently, with their own key visuals.
Jun Kawagoe (Getter Robo Armageddon) will direct the series at studios Actas and BeeMedia. In addition to the visuals, a 30-second teaser trailer is currently available, which you can check out below: