Earlier today, the official Ajin – Demi-Human anime website updated with a new trailer. The 90-second teaser previews opening theme song Yoru wa Nemureru kai?, and confirms a November 27 release date.
A new key visual for the project was also released, which you can check out below:
Ajin – Demi-Human is based on Gamon Sakurai’s manga of the same name. The project is slated to receive three films, which will be animated by Polygon Pictures. Chief director Hiroyuki Seshita and director Hiroshi Seko, who previously worked together on Knights of Sidonia, will collaborate on the project.
The rest of the crew is as follows:
- Series Composition: Hiroshi Seko (Seraph of the End)
- Production Design: Naoya Tanaka (Knights of Sidonia)
- Character Design: Yuki Moriyama
- Model Director: Mitsunori Kataama
- Art Director: Hiroshi Takiguchi
- Music Composition: Yuugo Kanno (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
The confirmed voice cast for the feature includes the following:
- Kei Nagai: Mamoru Miyano
- Kaito: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Eriko Nagai: Aya Suzaki
- Kōji Tanaka: Daisuke Hirakawa
- Ikuya Ogura: Hiroyuki Kinoshita
- Satō: Houchu Ohtsuka
- Izumi Shimomura: Mikako Komatsu
- Tosaki: Takahiro Sakurai
Crunchyroll currently publishes the Ajin: Demi-Human manga series for its premium subscribers. The company describes the series as follows:
Seventeen years ago, an utterly immortal human was discovered on an African battlefield. Since then, more of these new and unknown life forms began to appear among mankind. These undying beings start to be known as “demi-humans.” One day, just before summer break, a Japanese boy leaving his high school is involved in a traffic accident that kills him on the spot. Then, he comes back to life. A huge bounty is placed on his capture. Now the boy’s attempt to evade all of mankind begins.
Source: Ajin – Demi-Human Website