Bullets, clad in black, are but a simple metaphor… or something.
Earlier today, Sentai Filmworks unveiled the English dub cast for Black Bullet. The series will star the following:
- Rentaro Satomi: Chris Patton
- Enju Aihara: Luci Christian
- Kisara Tendo: Christina Kelly
- Tina Sprout: Caitlynn French
- Seitenshi: Carli Mosier
- Sumire Muroto: Joann Bonasso
- Kagetane Hiruko: Jay Hickman
- Tamaki Katagiri: Adam Gibbs
- Yuzuki Katagiri: Brittany Karbowksi
- Shoma Nagisawa: Mike Yager
- Midori Fuse: Cynthia Martinez
- Nagamasa Gado: George Manley
- Shogen Ikuma: Andrew Love
- Kohina Hiruko: Krystal LaPorte
- Miori Shiba: Margaret McDonald
- Kikunojo Tendo: John Swasey
- Sogen Saitake: Ty Mahany
- Kazumitsu Tendo: Houston Hayes
- Hidehiko Gado: Clint Bickham
- Matsuzaki: Christopher Ayres
The adaptation will be directed by Chris Ayres.
Black Bullet aired on Japanese TV in the Spring 2014 anime season. The series, which adapts Shiden Kanzaki and Saki Ukai’s light novel series of the same name, was animated by studios Kinema Citrus and Orange. Masayuki Kojima (Monster) directed the series, which featured character designs by Chiho Umishima and scripts by Tatsuhiko Urahata.
Sentai Filmworks describes the series as follows:
The Gastrea virus spreads like wildfire, causing each infected host to rapidly mutate, gaining new powers and abilities with every stage of development, even while they continue to attack, kill, and infect multiple new hosts. Unable to fight a pandemic enemy that turns defenders into adversaries, the shocked remnants of the human race are forced to retreat into cities surrounded by giant monoliths made of Varanium, one of the few materials that can stop the Gastrea.
Now mankind’s last hope lies in the Cursed Children: young girls infected with the virus who have managed to retain a hold on their humanity. Paired with a partner, they alone have the strength to take on a Gastrea in one-on-one combat. But the very thing that gives them power is a ticking time bomb, so even as they protect humanity, they are also feared and shunned. Are they girls? Monsters? Or mankind’s ultimate salvation?
Sentai Filmworks will release Black Bullet on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 27.
Source: Sentai Filmworks