Earlier today, Kodansha announced that they are working on a collection of western Attack on Titan comics. The 250-page book, titled Attack On Titan Anthology will be in full-color when it hits stores in Fall 2016. At the moment, there are no plans to publish the collection in Japan.
The Attack On Titan Anthology will feature short stories set in the universe of Hajime Isayama’s popular franchise. Artists are able to create their characters for their pieces.
The confirmed list of artists includes the following:
- Afua Richardson (Wonder Woman)
- Brenden Fletcher (Batgirl)
- Babs Tarr (Batgirl)
- Cameron Stewart (Sin Titulo)
- Damion Scott (Ghost Rider)
- Faith Erin Hicks (The Nameless City)
- Gail Simone (Birds of Prey)
- Genevieve Valentine (Catwoman)
- Kate Leth (Kate or Die!) and Jeremy Lambert
- Kevin Wada (She Hulk)
- Michael Avon Oeming (Powers)
- Paolo Rivera (The Amazing Spider-Man)
- Ronald Wimberly (Prince of Cats)
- Scott Snyder (Batman)
- Tomer and Asaf Hanuka (The Divine)
Two other high-profile artists are contributing work to the anthology, though Kodansha did not reveal whom as of press time.
Kodansha USA director of publishing Ben Applegate commented on the content of the book:
We’re trying to create a book with a wide variety of stories, so I want to start with what the creators are interested in doing and go from there. So far, we’ve got a few serious stories in the Titan continuity, a few stories involving Titans in new settings, and a few completely off-the-wall comedy pieces.
Images courtesy of Comic Book Resources