The world of ghosts and hues beckons! Or something!
Yesterday, Kyoto Animation released the first promotional video for their upcoming Myriad Colors Phantom World anime series. The one-minute video gives a first glimpse at the show’s animation, in addition to re-confirming the major staff and cast members on the project.
Tatsuya Ishihara (Clannad, Sound! Euphonium) will direct the series, while Kazumi Ikeda (Clannad, Love, Chunibyo, & Other Delusions) provides character designs. Fumihiko Shimo (Air, Clannad) is in charge of series composition.
The rest of the staff includes:
- Chief Animation Director: Kazumi Ikeda
- Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe
- Color design: Kana Miyata
- Prop design: Hiroshi Karata
- Phantom design: Shinpei Sawa
- Director of Photography: Ryuuta Nakagami
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Music: EFFY
- Animation Production: Kyoto Animation
The confirmed voice cast for the series is as follows:
- Haruhiko Ichijo: Hiro Shimono
- Mai Kawakami: Sumire Uesaka
- Reina Izumi: Saori Hayami
- Koito Minase: Maaya Uchida
- Ruru: Azusa Tadokoro
- Kurumi Kumamakura: Misaki Kuno
- Arisu Himeno: Kikuko Inoue
The actor for Shosuke Morohashi is still unannounced as of press time.
Myriad Colors Phantom World will début on Japanese TV in January 2016. ABC, Tokyo MX, TV Aichi, and BS11 are confirmed to be carrying the show.