The Schwarz is strong in this series!
Earlier today, Crunchyroll announced that they will stream Schwarzes Marken on their digital platform. The series will be available to all subscribers outside of Asia starting January 10, at 10:35AM Pacific (1:35PM Eastern). New episodes will be added each Sunday.
Schwarzes Marken is based on the visual novel of the same name. The series will be helmed by Tetsuya Watanabe (Rumbling Hearts) at Ixtl and Liden Films. Shuichi Hara will handle character designs, while Garden will provide the show’s music.
The Schwarzes Marken visual novel’s voice cast is returning to lend its talents to the anime adaptation. The confirmed cast includes:
- Theodor Eberbach: Kenichi Suzumura
- Katia Waldheim: Minami Tanaka
- Irisdina Bernhard: Nozomi Yamamoto
- Lise Hohenstein: Yoshino Nanjou
- Anett Hosenfeld: Chika Anzai
- Gretel Jeckeln: Kiyono Yasuno
- Pham Thi-Rang: Emiri Kato
- Sylvia Kschessinska: Michiyo Murase
- Walther Krüger: Kenta Miyake
- Beatrix Brehme: Yukari Tamura
- Circe Steinhoff: Manami Numakura
Crunchyroll describes the series as follows:
In 1983, the East German Army 666th TSF Squadron, “Schwarzes marken,” is a special-response force tasked with assaulting BETA forces. They specifically target Laser and Heavy Laser class BETA to disable their enemy’s immense firepower. This merciless team’s orders are given the highest priority, and they follow them so exactly that the 666th is known to ignore allied distress calls that would interfere with an ongoing mission, even if only for a moment.
A pair of promotional videos were released to promote Schwarzes Marken, which you can check out below.