It’s like The Old Man And The Sea with less existentialism and more marshmallows.
Yesterday, Crunchyroll announced that they acquired the license for Ojisan and Marshmallow. The series hit Crunchyroll’s digital platform earlier today in all regions outside of Asia.
The Ojisan and Marshmallow anime adaptation was first announced in June 2015. The series adapts a web comic hosted on image site Pixiv. To date, the series has attracted over 20 million viewers online, and received a combined 20 million views across 91 pages. Ichijinsha began collecting the series in print form, with the first volume hitting in November 2014.
Noriyoshi Sasaki is directing the series at studio Creators in Pack, with Hisayoshi Hirasawa working as Chief Director. Mari Shirakawa is filling the dual role of character designer and animation director, while Galilei Donna writer Atsushi Oka provides the show’s scripts. Masakatsu Oomuro (Danchigai) is in charge of sound production at Dax Production.
The confirmed cast for the series includes:
- Habahiro Kusaka (Hige): Tetsu Inada
- Iori Wakabayashi: Eri Kitamura
- MIO5 (Mioko or Degasu-chan): Kana Hanazawa
- Isamu Wakabayashi: Tetsuya Kakihara
- Mukai: Kaori Taguchi
- Machida: Suzuna Kinoshita
- Senior at Marshmallow Factory: Chika Yoshitomi
- Junior at Marshmallow Factory: Nozomi Furuki