The Stands are out, and the battle’s about to begin. The hype truly is unbreakable.
The latest issue of Weekly Shonen Jump contains a new visual for the upcoming Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure – Diamond is Unbreakable anime series. The visual features Josuke Higashikata standing with his Stand, Crazy Diamond. The visual headlined a three-page spread, which shows off several character designs, and highlights plans for upcoming manga omnibus releases.
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure – Diamond is Unbreakable is slated to hit Japanese TV in April. Naokatsu Tsuda will return to helm the series at David Production, with Terumi Nishii (Penguindrum, Servant × Service) providing character designs. Yasuko Kobayashi will be in charge of series composition.
The rest of the confirmed crew includes:
- Series Director: Toshiyuki Kato
- Chief Director: Yuuta Takamura
- Stand Design & Action Animation Director: Kenta Mimuro
- Sub-Character Design: Shun’ichi Ishimoto
- Prop Design: Yukitoshi Hōtani
- Art Setting: Kaoru Aoki, Junko Nagasawa
- Color Design: Yuko Sato
- Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
- Director of Photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
- Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Music: Yuugo Kanno
The confirmed voice cast for the series is as follows:
- Jōsuke Higashikata: Yuuki Ono
- Kōichi Hirose: Yuuki Kaji
- Okuyasu Nijimura: Wataru Takaki
- Rohan Kishibe: Takahiro Sakurai
- Jōtarō Kūjō: Daisuke Ono
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure – Diamond is Unbreakable will adapt volumes 29 – 46 of Hirohiko Araki’s manga. A promotional video for the series, which you can check out below, was shown last year at Jump Festa.