Let’s say it loud and say it proud: It’s Morphin’ Time!
Earlier today, Entertainment Weekly published the first photo of the upcoming Power Rangers film in full costume.
The 2017 film will reboot the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The confirmed cast includes:
- Billy (Blue Ranger): R.J. Cyler
- Kimberly (Pink Ranger) Naomi Scott
- Zack (Black Ranger): Ludi Lin
- Jason (Red Ranger): Dacre Montgomery
- Trini (Yellow Ranger): Becky Gomez
- Rita Repulsa: Elizabeth Banks
Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) is directing the film, which features a script by John Gatins (Kong: Skull Island, Real Steel), Burk Sharpless, Matt Sazama (Dracula Untold), Max Landis (Chronicle), Zack Stentz, and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor).
Haim Saban, Brian Casentini, Wyck Godfrey, and Marty Bowen are serving as producers on the film. Allison Shearmur and Brent O’Connor will executive produce.
Other staff members include:
- Music: Brian Tyler (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
- Costume Design: Kelli Jones (Straight Outta Compton)
- Set Design: Hamish Purdy (The Revenant)
- Suit Design & Visual Effects: Weta Workshop (The Lord of the Rings)
- Stunt Coordinator: Paul Jennings
- Production Designer: Andrew Menzies
- Director of Photography: Matt Lloyd
Jason David Frank, who played Tommy the Green Ranger in the original series, plans to appear in the film in a cameo appearance.
Source: Entertainment Weekly