Classes are back in session at the Totsuki Academy!
Earlier today, Warner Brothers began streaming a new TV spot for Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate (Shokugeki no Sōma: Ni no Sara). The 15-second ad features opening theme Rough Diamonds by Screen Mode as its background track.
The series returns to Japanese TV on July 2. The première schedule is as follows:
- Tokyo MX: 7/2/2016 at 22:00 (7/2/2016 at 10:00PM)
- MBS: 7/2/2016 at 26:28 (7/3/2016 at 2:28AM)
- BS11: Time to be announced
- Animax: Time to be announced
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma adapts Yūto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki’s manga of the same name. The series kicked off in April 2015, and ran for 24 episodes. Yoshitomo Yonetani (Nurse Witch Komugi, Tiger & Bunny The Movie -The Rising-) directed the series at J.C. Staff, while Tomoyuki Shitaya (Bakuman, Kiss×sis) provided character designs. Scripts were provided by Shinichi Inotsume and Shogo Yasukawa.
Yonetani will return to the director’s chair for season 2, with Tomoyuki Shitaya back on character design duties. Shogo Yasukawa (Terra Formars, Hyperdimension Neptunia) will step in to write the new season’s scripts. Jin Aketagawa will serve as sound director on the project, while Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club composer Tatsuya Katou scores the soundtrack.
The confirmed cast includes:
- Sōma Yukihira: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- Erina Nakiri: Risa Taneda
- Megumi Tadokoro: Minami Takahashi
- Akira Hayama: Junichi Suwabe
- Ryō Kurokiba: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Takumi Aldini: Natsuki Hanae
- Hisako Arato: Saori Ōnishi
- Alice Nakiri: Chinatsu Akasaki
A pair of promotional teasers were released to promote the series, which you can check out below: