Alpha! Rita’s escaped! Recruit a team of teenagers who know that I am the one who knocks.
Earlier today, actor Bryan Cranston announced that he will play Zordon in the upcoming Power Rangers film.
— Bryan Cranston (@BryanCranston) June 21, 2016
Cranston began his acting career shortly after college. He began working regularly in the 1980s, with most of his roles during the period being bit parts and advertisements. Cranston was an original cst member of soap opera Loving, in which he played Douglas Donovan from 1983 through 1985.
In the 1990s, Cranston began to appear in more prominent series, including Seinfeld, The X-Files, and L.A. Law. He played the role of Buzz Aldrin in HBO series To The Moon and Gus Grissom in 1996 film That Thing You Do! In 1998, Cranston played the War Department Colonel who initiates the mission to save Private Ryan in Saving Private Ryan.
More recently, Cranston played the roles of Walter White in Breaking Bad, Hal in comedy series Malcolm in the Middle, and Jack O’Donnell in 2012 film Argo. Cranston won five Primetime Emmy awards for his role as Walter White.
Cranston lent his voice to numerous anime titles, including:
- Super Dimension Century Orguss 02
- Tekkaman Blade
- Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise
- Macross Plus
- Armitage III: Poly-Matrix
In addition, Cranston previously lent his talents to the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. In the series, Cranston voiced Snizzard and Twin Man.
Lionsgate describe the new Power Rangers movie as:
Saban’s Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.
The confirmed cast for the film includes:
- Jason (Red Ranger): Dacre Montgomery
- Billy (Blue Ranger): R.J. Cyler
- Kimberly (Pink Ranger): Naomi Scott
- Zack (Black Ranger): Ludi Lin
- Trini (Yellow Ranger): Becky Gomez
- Rita Repulsa: Elizabeth Banks
- Sam Scott (Jason’s Father): David Denman
Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) is directing the film, which features a script by John Gatins (Kong: Skull Island, Real Steel), Burk Sharpless, Matt Sazama (Dracula Untold), Max Landis (Chronicle), Zack Stentz, and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor).
Haim Saban, Brian Casentini, Wyck Godfrey, and Marty Bowen are serving as producers on the film. Allison Shearmur and Brent O’Connor will executive produce.
Other staff members include:
- Music: Brian Tyler (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
- Costume Design: Kelli Jones (Straight Outta Compton)
- Set Design: Hamish Purdy (The Revenant)
- Suit Design & Visual Effects: Weta Workshop (The Lord of the Rings)
- Stunt Coordinator: Paul Jennings
- Production Designer: Andrew Menzies
- Director of Photography: Matt Lloyd
Last month, Entertainment Weekly unveiled a new visual for the film, which features the Rangers in costume.
Source: Twitter (thepowerrangers)