Rita can be defeated exactly how Zordon wants it. The only question is, are the Rangers the ones to do it?
Yesterday, Entertainment Tonight published a new video interview with actor Bryan Cranston. In the piece, Cranston discusses his role as Zordon in the upcoming Power Rangers film, and confirms that he is doing motion capture work for the project.
According to Cranston, Zordon will be brought to life by “a lot of CGI.” In the film, Zordon will be “a real person who was trapped in this eitherworld, and becomes in the walls, so to speak of [The Command Center]. And he still has a heart and mind, and an agenda that he’s got to get these five Power Rangers to defend the Earth or else everyone they know will be killed.”
Last week, Cranston officially announced his role as Zordon in the movie:
— Bryan Cranston (@BryanCranston) June 21, 2016
Lionsgate describe the new Power Rangers film as:
Saban’s Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.
The confirmed cast includes:
- Jason (Red Ranger): Dacre Montgomery
- Billy (Blue Ranger): R.J. Cyler
- Kimberly (Pink Ranger): Naomi Scott
- Zack (Black Ranger): Ludi Lin
- Trini (Yellow Ranger): Becky Gomez
- Rita Repulsa: Elizabeth Banks
- Sam Scott (Jason’s Father): David Denman
Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) is in the director’s chair for the project, which features a script by John Gatins (Kong: Skull Island, Real Steel), Burk Sharpless, Matt Sazama (Dracula Untold), Max Landis (Chronicle), Zack Stentz, and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor).
Haim Saban, Brian Casentini, Wyck Godfrey, and Marty Bowen are serving as producers on the film. Allison Shearmur and Brent O’Connor will executive produce.
Other staff members include:
- Music: Brian Tyler (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
- Costume Design: Kelli Jones (Straight Outta Compton)
- Set Design: Hamish Purdy (The Revenant)
- Suit Design & Visual Effects: Weta Workshop (The Lord of the Rings)
- Stunt Coordinator: Paul Jennings
- Production Designer: Andrew Menzies
- Director of Photography: Matt Lloyd
Source: Dark Horizons (Thanks to Daniel Zelter for the tip!)