μ’s, Music Start! …is what I’d say if this were the original Love Live!
Earlier today, Crunchyroll announced that they will stream Love Live! Sunshine!! as part of their summer Simulcast lineup. The series will kick off on July 2 at 7:30AM Pacific (2:30PM GMT) for subscribers in the UK and Ireland.
Last week, Funimation announced that they will also stream the series in the UK and Ireland, as well as North America.
Love Live! Sunshine!! is the latest entry in the Love Live! School Idol Project franchise. Kazuo Sakai (Mushi-Uta) is helming the project at Sunrise. Yūhei Murota and Jukki Hanada are both reprising their roles on the project as character designer and series composition, respectively. Other confirmed staff members include:
- Original concept: Sakurako Kimino
- Original work: Hajime Yatate
- Design Works: Masaki Kawake
- Set Design: Takeshi Takahashi
- Background Director: Junichi Higashi
- Color Design: Sayoko Yokoyama
- CG Director: Gō Kurosaki
- Compositing Director: Daiki Sugiyama
- Editing: Daisuke Imai
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki
- Music: Tatsuya Katou
- Music Production: Lantis
The confirmed voice cast for the series includes
- Chika Takami: Anju Inami
- Riko Sakurauchi: Rikako Aida
- Kanan Matsuura: Nanaka Suwa
- Dia Kurosawa: Arisa Komiya
- Yō Watanabe: Shuka Saito
- Yoshiko Tsushima: Aika Kobayashi
- Hanamaru Kunikida: Kanako Takatsuki
- Mari Ohara: Aina Suzuki
- Ruby Kurosawa: Ai Furihata
Crunchyroll describes Love Live! Sunshine!! as:
Uranohoshi Girls’ High School, a private school in the seaside neighborhood of Uchiura at Numazu city, Shizuoka prefecture.
A small high school in a corner of Suruga Bay, it is home to nine teens,
led by second-year student Chika Takami, driven by one seriously big dream:
To become the next generation of bright, sparkling “school idols”!
As long as we don’t give up, any dream can come true…
All we have to do now is keep pushing hard for glory!
Now their “School Idol Project” begins to make their dreams come true!
Several promotional videos and visuals were released to promote the series, which you can check out below: