The pages to Natsume’s companion compendium are about to turn again.
Earlier today, the Natsume’s Book of Friends (Natsume Yūjin-Chō) anime staff unveiled a new visual for the show’s upcoming fifth season. The image features Takashi Natsume and Nyanko-sensei standing against a white background.
In addition, the show’s official website updated with a confirmation that Natsume’s Book of Friends will return to Japanese TV in October.
All of the main staff members will reutrn to work on the project, including:
- Chief Director: Takahiro Omori (Durarara!!, Princess Jellyfish)
- Director: Kotomi Deai (Rolling Girls, Silver Spoon Season 2)
- Series Composition: Sadayuki Murai (Boogiepop Phantom, Knights of Sidonia)
- Character Design: Akira Takata (Haibane Renmei)
- Music: Makoto Yoshimori (Baccano!, Durarara!!)
- Animation Production: Shuka
Natsume’s Book of Friends began airing in the summer 2008 season. To date, the series spans 52 episodes and a pair of side-story OVAs. The series is based on Yuki Midorikawa’s light novels, which kicked off in Hakusensha’s LaLa DX and LaLa magazines in 2005. To date, 19 volumes have been published.
NIS America currently holds the domestic righs to the first four seasons of Natsume’s Book of Friends, which they describe as:
Natsume Takashi has the ability to see spirits, which he has long kept secret. However, once he inherits a strange book that belonged to his deceased grandmother, Reiko, he discovers the reason why spirits surround him.
Source: MoCa News