Do idols dream of electric music?
Earlier today, the official Idol Memories anime website updated with a new promotional video. The two-minute teaser outlines the project’s core premise.
Idol Memories is an original series from smartphone game maker Happy Elements Asia Pacific. Katsuya Kikuchi (Sengoku Paradise Kiwami) is helming the project at Seven Arcs Pictures, with Rena Okuyama (Sengoku Paradise Kiwami) providing character designs. Chikako Yokata is taking charge of sound direction, while Hiroshi Ōnogi writes the screenplay.
The show will star:
- Vivi Lin: Moe Toyota
- Sena Hattori: Marika Hayase
- Kokona Hayakawa: Yuu Kimura
- Miku Kajiwara: Mayu Sagara
- Yucho La: Ruriko Aoki
- Nanami Hoshi: Riko Kohara
- Shoko Shirayuki: Nana Mizuki
- Soichiro Kataoka: Kosuke Sakaki
- Minato Yasukawa: Seira Ryu
- Minami Yasukawa: Ayahi Takagaki
- Ren Hayami: Ryōtarō Okiayu
- Takumi Mori: Takuma Nagatsuka
The series is set in the near future, in a world where live musical performances have found a new home in virtual reality. It’s in this space, where reality and fiction blur, that a pair of rival idol groups are locked in a fierce competition for the top spot in the “Idol League.” Failure is not an option, as glory, prestige, and the coveted “tiara” are up for grabs.
Idol Memories will hit Japanese TV network Tokyo MX on October 2. Several characters were released to promote the title, which you can check out below:
Source: Animate Times