Before you ask, there is no actual yuri on the ice. There is, however, plenty of figure-skating and drama!
Earlier today, the official Yuri!!! on Ice anime website updated with a new promotional teaser. The trailer unveils several new cast members, with an instrumental piece as the background musical track.
The trailer was originally shown earlier today, at a fan event in Tokyo.
The eight new cast members are composed of athletes from countries across the globe, who will serve as rivals to the previously announced protagonists. The lineup (and their countries of origin) includes:
- Atabek Altyn (Kazakhstan): Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Chi Guanhong (China): Yūtarō Honjō
- Jean-Jacques Leroy (Canada): Mamoru Miyano
- Kenjirō Minami (Japan): Ayumu Murase
- Kristoff Giacometti (Switzerland): Hiroki Yasumoto
- Lee Seung-gil (Korea): Kenji Nojima
- Michele Crispino (Italy): Tomoaki Maeno
- Phichit Chulanont (Thailand): Kensho Ono
Visuals for each cast member were also released, which you can check out below:
Four other roles were announced earlier this year, including:
- Yuri Prisezki: Kouki Uchiyama
- Victor Nikifolov: Junichi Suwabe
- Yūri Katsuki: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
- Takeshi Nishigōri: Jun Fukuyama
Yuri!!! on Ice is an original title, which was created by manga author Mitsurou Kubo (Moteki) and director Sayo Yamamoto (Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, Michiko & Hatchin). Yamamoto is directing the work at studio MAPPA and taking charge of series composition for the project. Tadashi Hiramatsu (Parasyte -the maxim-) will provide character designs, as the team of Taku Matsushiba and Taro Umebayashi score the soundtrack.
Yuri!!! on Ice is currently slated to hit Japanese TV in October. A promo video, plus several visuals were released to promote the project, which you can check out below:
Source: MoCa News