Here’s hoping this prison break ends anything other than a mediocre movie with Michael Scofield.
Earlier today, the official Nanbaka anime website updated with a new promotional video. The three-minute teaser introduces the cast, with the show’s opening and closing themes as background tracks.
The site also confirmed the show’s theme songs. Hashiguchikanaderiya hugs The Super Ball, a collaborative effort between Hashiguchikanaderiya and The Super Ball, will perform opening theme song Rin! Rin! Hi! Hi!. The ending theme, Nanbaka Datsugoku Riron♪! (Nanbaka Jailbreak Theory♪!) will be performed by main cast members Yuuto Uemura, Tetsuya Kakihara, Airu Shiozaki, Daiki Kobayashi, and Tomokazu Seki.
Nanbaka will air on MBS, BS11, and Tokyo MX, with the full schedule as follows:
- MBS: 10/4/2016 at 27:00 (10/5/2016 at 3:00AM)
- Tokyo MX: 10/5/2016 at 23:30 (10/5/2016 at 11:30PM)
- BS11: 10/6/2016 at 27:00 (10/7/2016 at 3:00AM)
Nanbaka will adapt Sho Futamata’s manga of the same name. Shinji Takamatsu (Gintama, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing) will helm the series at Satelight, while Mitsutaka Hirota (The Prince of Tennis II, Sweetness and Lightning) pens the scripts.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Rock: Airu Shiozaki
- Nico: Daiki Kobayashi
- Uno: Tetsuya Kakihara
- Hajime Sugoroku: Tomokazu Seki
- Jūgo: Yuuto Uemura
- Hitoshi Sugoroku: Eijin Fudemura
- Chii: Genki Okawa
- Seitarō Tanabata: Keito Okuyama
- Mitsuru Issei: Kenjiro Tsuda
- Kiji Mitsuba: Kimeru
- Momoko Hyakushiki: Satomi Akesaka
- Kenshirō Yozakura: Shouma Yamamoto
- Yamato Godai: Shunsuke Takeuchi
- Samon Gokū: Sōichiro Hoshi
- Honey: Takao Mitsutomi
- Tsukumo: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
- Musashi: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Upa: Yu Kobayashi
- Troix: Yūto Adachi
- Liang: Yuuki Fujiwara
Crunchyroll will stream the series as it airs in Japan.
The Nanbaka manga is an ongoing series, which kicked off in the pages of Futabasha’s Comico magazine in 2013. To date, two collected volumes have been produced, with the most recent hitting on May 12. Crunchyroll currently distributes the title as part of its “Crunchyroll Manga” service.
A promotional video and numerous character designs were released to promote the series, which you can check out below:
Source: Comic Natalie