The only thing missing is a strange interlude by Bulk and Skull.
Earlier today, film distributor Lionsgate released a new teaser trailer for the 2017 Power Rangers< movie. The two-and-a-half-minute promo offers a brief overview of the film’s plot and characters.
In addition, entertainment site IGN unveiled a series of visuals for the movie yesterday. The images feature each of the five rangers, clad in their battle costumes:
The new Power Rangers film will open on March 24, 2017. Lionsgate describes the feature as:
Saban’s Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.
The confirmed cast includes:
- Jason Lee Scott (Red Ranger): Dacre Montgomery
- Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger): RJ Cyler
- Trini Kwan (Yellow Ranger): Rebbeca Marie “Becky G” Gomez
- Zack Taylor (Black Ranger): Ludi Lin
- Kimberly Hart (Pink Ranger): Naomi Scott
- Rita Repulsa: Elizabeth Banks
- Zordon: Bryan Cranston
- Alpha 5: Bill Hader
- Sam Scott (Jason’s father): David Denman
- Amanda: Sarah Grey
- Maddy Hart (Kimberly’s mother): Anjali Jay
- Mr. Kwan (Trini’s father): Patrick Sabongui
- Candace Cranston (Billy’s mother): Lisa Berry
- Rebecca: Emily Maddison
Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) is in the director’s chair for the project, which features a script by John Gatins (Kong: Skull Island, Real Steel), Burk Sharpless, Matt Sazama (Dracula Untold), Max Landis (Chronicle), Zack Stentz, and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor).
Haim Saban, Brian Casentini, Wyck Godfrey, and Marty Bowen are serving as producers on the film. Allison Shearmur and Brent O’Connor will executive produce.
Other staff members include:
- Music: Brian Tyler (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
- Costume Design: Kelli Jones (Straight Outta Compton)
- Set Design: Hamish Purdy (The Revenant)
- Suit Design & Visual Effects: Weta Workshop (The Lord of the Rings)
- Stunt Coordinator: Paul Jennings
- Production Designer: Andrew Menzies
- Director of Photography: Matt Lloyd
In June, Entertainment Tonight published a video interview with actor Bryan Cranston. In the piece, Cranston discusses his role as Zordon in the film, and confirms that he is doing motion capture work for the project.
According to Cranston, Zordon will be brought to life by “a lot of CGI.” In the film, Zordon will be “a real person who was trapped in this eitherworld, and becomes in the walls, so to speak of [The Command Center]. And he still has a heart and mind, and an agenda that he’s got to get these five Power Rangers to defend the Earth or else everyone they know will be killed.”