It looks like these mechanical arms are showing no signs of slowing down.
Earlier today, the official Mecha-Ude YouTube account started streaming a new promotional video. The minute-long feature includes new footage, as well as a brief overview of the title’s plot.
The background track on the teaser is by composer Narasaki.
As of press time, funding for Mecha-Ude stands at $44,218 across 721 backers, with an average contribution of $61.32 per backer. The project will run until November 5, at 10:00AM Eastern.
Two stretch goals are currently available on the project, with one hinted at post-$60,000. They include:
- $40,000: Audio commentary (Achieved)
- $60,000: Additional short episode starring the Heroine
Sae Okamoto will make her directorial début with the project, which is being produced by Trif Studio. Previously, she provided background art for Sushi Police. In addition, Okamoto’s worked as an animator on several projects, including Tenkai Knights and Danchi Tomoo.
Other team members attached to the project include:
- Compositor: Tatsushi Momen (Sushi Police, Director)
- Music: Narasaki (Deadman Wonderland, Paradise Kiss)
- Sound Engineer: Seiji Toda / S.O.L.I.D Sound Lab (Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Code Geass, Gundam Build Fighters)
Okamoto describes Mecha-Ude as:
Hero was a high schooler living an ordinary life.
One day, he meets a very strong and intelligent mechanical arm named “Mecha-ude”. After a strange turn of events, the “Mecha-ude” started living inside Hero’s hoodie and the two’s life full of trouble begins.
As the boy and his “Mecha-ude” fights together and strengthen their bonds, the two also meets new friends who also fights along with each of their own unique “Mecha-ude” partners.
Out of those, one of the heroine has two “Mecha-ude” which appears out of her skirt. An active girl with a totally opposite characteristics from hero himself, he gradually becomes attracted to her.
But the two are confronted with other “Mecha-ude” users who are in search of the secret of “Mecha-ude” relentlessly.
The confirmed Kickstarter reward tiers include:
- $5: Digital Wallpaper, Message & Illustration From Sae Okamoto
- $25: Digital Download of Mecha-Ude, Backer’s Name in Credits, plus all $5 rewards (Limited 300)
- $29: Digital Download of Mecha-Ude, Backer’s Name in Credits, plus all $5 rewards
- $65: Mecha-Ude Blu-Ray or DVD, , plus all $29 rewards
- $115: Mecha-Ude Soundtrack, “Mini Book”, plus all $65 rewards (Limited 300)
- $125: Mecha-Ude Soundtrack, “Mini Book”, plus all $65 rewards
- $300: Original Hoodie, Free Shipping, plus all $125 rewards
- $1,000: Original character figure, plus all $300 rewards
- $10,000: 2 Tickets to a private Screening Party, A2 poster signed by Okamoto, plus all rewards at $1,000 tier (Limited 30)
- $10,000: Dinner with Sae Okamoto, A2 poster signed by Okamoto, plus all rewards at $1,000 tier (Limited 2)
The campaign crossed its $25,000 funding goal on October 15.
In addition to the promotional video, Okamoto released a short teaser as part of the Kickstarter pitch. You can check this out below: