We have to go back! Back to the future!
Wait… wrong franchise.
Yesterday, Funimation unveiled their English dub cast for Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru. The series will star the following:
- Yamatonokami Yasusada: Dallas Reid
- Kashuu Kiyomitsu: Garett Storms
- Heshikiri Hasebe: Aaron Roberts
- Imanotsurugi: Anastasia Munoz
- Ishikirimaru: Justin Duncan
- Nikkari Aoe: Robby Gemaehlich
- Kasen Kanesada: Oscar Seung
- Hachisuka Kotetsu: Ian Sinclair
- Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki: Jason Liebrecht
- Maeda Toushirou: Ryan Reynolds
- Shishiou: Blake Shepard
- Yagen Toushirou: Derek Snow
- Namazuo Toushirou: Rachel Robinson
- Shokudaikiri Mitsutada: Marcus Stimac
- Yamanbagiri Kunihiro: Clifford Chapin
- Souza Samonji: Ian Sinclair
- Gokotai: Leah Clark
Jad Saxton is directing the dub, which features scripts by Clint Bickham. James Baker is serving as ADR engineer on the project, while Neal Malley works as mix engineer.
Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru‘s English dub premieres on FunimationNow today at 9:30PM Eastern (6:30PM Pacific).
Touken Ranbu – Hanamaru is based on DMM’s Tōken Ranbu online browser-based video game. Takashi Naoya (Luck & Logic) is directing the show at Doga Kobo, with Junichiro Taniguchi (Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun, Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 1: Beginnings) providing character designs. Pierre Sugiura (Barakamon, Bottom Biting Bug) is in charge of series composition and writing the show’s scripts.
Funimation describes the show as:
In the year 2205, the past is threatened by the historical revisionists who seek to change it. Protecting history becomes the task of a boisterous band of swords that are brought to life, including the glamorous Kashuu Kiyomitsu and the kindly Yamatonokami Yasusada. Beyond their battles, these legendary swords from different eras lead charming daily lives.
Source: Funimation Blog