So, we’re about to learn a lot of names that’ll be appearing in Your Name.
Earlier today, British distributor Anime Limited unveiled the English dub cast for Your Name. (Kimi no Na Wa.). The film will star the following:
- Taki Tachibana: Michael Sinterniklaas
- Mitsuha Miyamizu: Stephanie Sheh
- Katsuhiko Teshigawara: Kyle Hebert
- Sayaka Natori: Cassandra Morris
- Tsukasa Fujii: Ben Pronsky
- Shinta Takagi: Ray Chase
- Yotsuha Miyamizu: Catie Harvey
- Toshiki Miyamizu: Scott Williams
- Futaba Miyamizu: Michelle Ruff
- Taki’s Father: Marc Diraison
- Teshigawara’s Father: H.D. Quinn
- Teshigawara’s Mother: Michelle Ruff
- Yukari Yukino: Katy Vaughn
- Miki Okudera: Laura Post
- Hitoha Miyamizu: Glynis Ellis
- Additional Voices: Ray Chase
- Additional Voices: Kevin T. Collins
- Additional Voices: Marc Diraison
- Additional Voices: Ben Diskin
- Additional Voices: Erin Fitzgerald
- Additional Voices: Paige Fitzgerald
- Additional Voices: Sri Gordon
- Additional Voices: Wayne Grayson
- Additional Voices: Catie Harvey
- Additional Voices: Kyle Hebert
- Additional Voices: Eddy Lee
- Additional Voices: Cherami Leigh
- Additional Voices: Laura Post
- Additional Voices: Ben Pronsky
- Additional Voices: H.D. Quinn
- Additional Voices: Spencer Rosen
- Additional Voices: Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
- Additional Voices: Michelle Ruff
- Additional Voices: Erica Schroeder
- Additional Voices: Kaiji Tang
- Additional Voices: Maki Terashima-Furuta
- Additional Voices: Katy Vaughn
Stephanie Sheh and Michael Sinterniklaas will serve as directors of the adaptation at NYAV Post. Clark Cheng is writing the film’s dub script. The remaining crew includes:
- Additional ADR Director: Anthony Tortorici
- Casting Director: Stephanie Sheh
- Recording engineers: Anthony Tortorici, Michael Schneider
- Production Coordinator: Clark Cheng
- Production Assistant: Anthony Tortorici
- Audio Mixer: Oscar Garcia
Anime Limited released a trailer to show off Your Name.‘s dub, which you can check out below:
Anime Limited will screen the film in both dubbed and subtitled formats later this month. Funimation will give the movie an Oscar-qualifying theatrical run in North America, which will take place from December 2 – 8 at Los Angeles’ Laemmle Music Hall.
Funimation will give the feature a wide theatrical release in the first quarter of 2017.
Your Name. is an original film from Makoto Shinkai (5 Centimeters per Second, Children Who Chase Lost Voices),who directed the feature at CoMix Wave Films. Shinkai also penned the script, while Masayoshi Tanaka (anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, High School of the Dead) provided character designs. Masashi Ando (Spirited Away, Paprika) served as animation director on the project.
The film made its global theatrical début on July 3, at Anime Expo. Funimation announced that they licensed the movie at the convention.
As of Monday, Your Name. has grossed 16.41 billion yen ($157,180,896.92 USD) in ticket sales. It’s the first non-Ghibli theatrical film to break 10 billion yen in ticket sales. The feature is currently the fourth highest-grossing anime film in Japan, and the fifth grossing film period in the nation. The film is also the seventh highest-grossing film of all time in Japan.
The only anime films to surpass Your Name. in ticket sales are Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke.
Source: All The Anime Blog