Sure, she’s a dropout, but at least she’s got some tunes to keep her busy!
Earlier today, the official Gabriel Dropout anime website updated with details on the show’s theme songs.
Both the opening and closing themes will be performed by Miyu Tomita, Saori Onishi, Naomi Ozora, and Kana Hanazawa. The opening theme, Gabriel Drop Kick., was composed and arranged by Ken’ichi “Hyadain” Maeyamada. Ending theme Hallelujah Essaim. was written by Ryuji Sakai and arranged by Shingo Yamazaki.
Singles for both songs will ship to Japanese retailers on February 22.
In addition, the site updated with Gabriel Dropout‘s première information. The title will air on the following networks:
- AT-X: 1/9/2016 at 22:30 (1/9/2016 at 10:30PM)
- Tokyo MX: 1/9/2016 at 24:00 (1/10/2016 at midnight)
- Sun TV: 1/9/2016 at 24:00 (1/10/2016 at midnight)
- BS11: 1/9/2016 at 24:00 (1/10/2016 at midnight)
- KBS Kyoto: 1/10/2016 at 24:00 (1/11/2016 at midnight)
- Shizuoka Broadcasting System: 1/10/2016 at 26:26 (1/11/2016 at 2:26AM)
- Gifu Broadcasting: 1/10/2016 at 24:30 (1/11/2016 at 12:30AM)
- Mie TV: 1/10/2016 at 25:20 (1/11/2016 at 1:20AM)
The show will be available for streaming on Hikari TV.
Gabriel Dropout is based on ukami’s manga of the same name. Masahiko Ohta (Himouto! Umaru-chan, Survival Game Club!) is helming the project at Doga Kobo, with Katsuhiro Kumagai (Luck & Logic) providing character designs. Takashi Aoshima (Himouto! Umaru-chan, Survival Game Club!) is in charge of series composition.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Gabriel White Tenma: Miyu Tomita
- Vignette April Tsukinose: Saori Onishi
- Satanichia McDowell Kurumizawa: Naomi Ozora
- Raphiel Ainsworth Shiraha: Kana Hanazawa
Gabriel Dropout will hit Japanese TV in January 2017.
A screening event will be held later this year. The first episode will be shown at Tokyo’s Shinjuku Piccadilly theater on December 18. The four main cast members will attend the screening as guests. Attendance is limited to 3,500 tickets.
A teaser trailer character designs for the main cast were unveiled to promote the series, which you can check out below: