Fuuka’s ready to meet the world, even if it’s just a short introduction.
Earlier today, the official Fuuka anime website updated with a new TV spot. The 15-second ad preiews opening theme Climber’s High.
The commercial also confirms the show’s broadcast schedule, which you can check out below:
- WOWOW: 1/6/2017 at 22:00 (1/6/2017 at 10:00 PM)
- Tokyo MX: 1/7/2017 at 22:00 (1/7/2017 at 10:00 PM)
- MBS: 1/7/2017 at 25:58 (1/8/2017 at 1:58 AM)
- BS11: 1/8/2017 at 24:00 (1/9/2017 at 12:00 AM)
- Hiroshima TV: 1/8/2017 at 26:25 (1/9/2017 at 2:25 AM)
Keizou Kusakawa (KanColle, Riddle Story of Devil) was tapped to direct the series at Studio Diomedéa, with Yoshino Honda providing character designs. Aoi Akashiro is in charge of series composition for the project.
Takuro Iga (Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A) will score the soundtrack at studio West Ground. Fuuka‘s opening theme song, Climber’s High, will be performed by Hedgehogs. “Hedgehogs” is an in-world band, whose songs will feature lyrics by series creator Kouji Seo. West Ground will compose the song, while Sho from “My First Story” arranges.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Fuuka Akitsuki: Lynn
- Koyuki Hinashi: Saori Hayami
- Kazuya Nachi: Kazuyuki: Okitsu
- Yuu Haruna: Yuusuke Kobayashi
- Mayu Haruna: Mikako Takahashi
- Hibiki Haruna: Saori Ōnishi
- Chitose Haruna: Kaede Hondo
- Makoto Mikasa: Soma Saitou
- Sara Iwami: Mikaku Komatsu
- Tomomi-sensei: Yōko Hikasa
- Suzuka Akitsuki: Kanako Mitsuhashi
- Yamato Akitsuki: Daisuke Nakamura
- Tama: Manami Numakura
Both Mitsuhashi and Nakamura are reprising their roles from 2005’s Suzuka anime series. Manami Numakura’s role is the head of in-show group “Hedgehogs.”
Hedgehogs will feature the following members:
- Guitar: Sho (My First Story)
- Bass: T$UYO$HI (The Bonez)
- Drums: Hirotaka Takahashi (Ellegarden)
- Keyboards: Takurō Iga
- Vocals: Manami Numakura
Kouji Seo’s Fuuka manga began publication in Weekly Shonen Magazine in February 2014. To date, the series spans twelve collected volumes with the most recent hitting stores on August 17.
Kodansha Comics currently holds the rights to the Fuuka magazine in North America. Crunchyroll is publishing the series as chapters run on their digital platform. They describe the title as:
New meetings always come suddenly! The protagonist, Yuu Haruna, moves into a new town where he meets a somewhat strange girl who doesn’t have a cell phone. The girl, Fuuka, seems to have a strange allure that draws people to her, very much like a summer breeze. Looks like Yuu has been caught up in one wild love story!
A 20-second teaser and several character visuals were released to promote the series. You can check these out below:
Source: YouTube (WarnerBrosAnime)