Soon, Netflix’s lineup will be packed with cyborg justice.
Earlier today, Netflix announced that they acquired the exclusive global distribution rights to Cyborg 009 Call of Justice. Netflix published a trailer for the feature, which revealed that they will release the title in 2017.
Cyborg 009: Call of Justice is being released in three parts. All three films will receive two-week theatrical runs, with the première schedule being as follows:
- Part 1: 11/25/2016
- Part 2: 12/2/2016
- Part 3: 12/9/2016
Cyborg 009: Call of Justice is based on Shotaro Ishinomori’s Cyborg 009 manga. The films will be directed by Koudai Kakimoto at Oriental Light and Magic and Signal.MD, with Kenji Kamiyama (009 Re:Cyborg, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) serving as chief director. The team of Kenji Kamiyama, Kurasumi Sunayama, and Ryou Higaki are writing the films’ screenplays.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Cyborg 009 / Joe Shimamura: Keisuke Koumoto
- Cyborg 008 / Pyunma: Haruki Ishiya
- Cyborg 005 / Geronimo Jr.: Kenji Nomura
- Cyborg 001 / Ivan Whisky: Misato Fukuen
- Cyborg 006 / Chang Changku: Mitsuaki Madono
- Cyborg 003 / Francoise Arnoul: Risa Taneda
- Cyborg 004 / Albert Heinrich: Satoshi Hino
- Cyborg 007 / Great Britain: Setsuji Satoh
- Cyborg 002 / Jet Link: Takuya Sato
- Katarina Canetti: Yui Makino
Cyborg 009: Call of Justice is being produced to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original Cyborg 009 manga series.
Source: Anime! Anime!