Somehow, cat ears seem to make everything better.
Earlier today, visual novel publisher Sekai Project launched their Kickstarter for an OVA based on Nekopara. The project aims to raise $100,000 by February 11, 2017, which will be used to fund production of the title.
The project beat its funding within hours of launch, and currently stands at $142,393 across 746, with an average contribution of $190.88 per backer. Sekai Project currently aims to release the OVA by December 2017.
Rather than use traditional stretch goals, Sekai Project announced that they will extend the OVA by ten minutes for every $100,000 raised, up to $500,000. In plain English, if the Kickstarter reaches $500,000 or more, Sekai Project will produce a 60-minute feature.
The current reward tiers include:
- $1: Staff Thanks & Desktop Wallpaper
- $15: Nekopara OVA digital download via Steam, Desktop Wallpaper
- $30: Nekopara OVA digital download via Steam, Digital Artbook, Digital OST, Desktop Wallpaper
- $50: Nekopara OVA Blu-Ray and digital download via Steam, Digital Artbook, Digital OST, Desktop Wallpaper
- $100: Nekopara OVA Blu-Ray Boxand digital download via Steam, Name on Website & Artbook, Digital Artbook, Digital OST, Desktop Wallpaper
- $150: Nekopara OVA Blu-Ray Boxand digital download via Steam, T-Shirt, Set of “Seven Can” Badges, Name on Website & Artbook, Digital Artbook, Digital OST, Desktop Wallpaper
- $300: Nekopara OVA Blu-Ray Boxand digital download via Steam, T-Shirt, Set of “Seven Can” Badges, Chocola & Vanilla Plushies, Name on Website & Artbook, Digital Artbook, Digital OST, Desktop Wallpaper, Name in End Credits
- $800: Wall Scroll with “Paulownia Box”, Signed Print, plus all rewards at $300 tier (Limited 200)
- $4,000: Colored illustration by Sayori, plus all rewards at $800 tier (Limited 30)
- $7,000: Custom Catgirl Sketch by Sayori, plus all rewards at $4,000 tier (Limited 20)
- $9,000: Custom Catgirl Appearance in the OVA, plus all rewards at $4,000 tier (Limited 10)
- $10,000: Voiced Custom Catgirl Appearance in the OVA, , plus all rewards at $7,000 tier (Limited 1, Sold Out)
Nekopara will be based on Neko Works’ erotic visual novel series of the same name. As of press time, staff for the project has yet to be announced. The staff for the upcoming promotional video, though, is as follows:
- Storyboard/Production: Hayashi Hiroki
- Animation Director: Hirano Yuichi, Mishima Chie
- Art Director: Kurata Kenichi
- Animation Checker: Motoki Kasumi
- Coloring Coordination/Design/Checking: Tanaka Chiharu
- 3D Director: Takahashi Keisuke
- Photography Director: Iwai Kazuya
- Editing: Hasegawa Mai Production
- Assistant: Kikuchi Yuta
- Script: FelixFilm
- Supervisor: NEKO WORKs
- Original Work: Sayori(NEKO WORKs)
- Theme song: Baby→Lady LOVE
- Vocal: Ray
- Lyrics: Uran
- Music/Arrangement: Yamaguchi Akihiko
The first Nekopara visual novel hit Japanese stores on December 29, 2014. The sequel, Nekopara Vol. 2, was released on February 19, 2016.
Sekai Project currently distributes the Nekopara visual novels in North America. They describe the series as:
What’s NEKOPARA? Why, it’s a cat paradise! Kashou Minaduki, the son of a long line of Japanese confection makers moved out to open his own shop “La Soleil” as a patisserie. But upon moving out, hidden amongst his things were two of the catgirls, Chocola and Vanilla, that the family had been raising. When he tried to send them back, they begged and pleaded until he gave in and now they’ve opened La Soleil together. With two catgirls who really, REALLY love their master trying their very best and occasionally failing — a heartful comedy opens for business!
Sekai Project released several character visuals to promote the series, which you can check out below: