It seems that the lovely moonlight is drawing more people out to enjoy its splendor.
Earlier today, studio feel revealed seventeen new cast members for Tsuki ga Kirei. The following will join the show’s cast:
- Aira Miyamoto: Kaori Ishihara
- Aoi Takizawa: Haruka Shiraishi
- Ayane Mizuno: Ryoko Maekawa
- Daichi Ogasawara: Makoto Kaneko
- Daisuke Tachibana: Mutsuki Iwanaka
- Hiroshi Mizuno: Mitsuo Iwata
- Junko Azumi: Kikuko Inoue
- Miu Imazu: Haruka Chisuga
- Roman Yamashina: Eishin Fudemura
- Ryouko Sonoda: Nao Touyama
- Ryuunosuke Azumi: Kazuo Oka
- Sakura Tanaka: Honoka Inoue
- Saori Mizuno: Chiwa Saito
- Setsuko Satou: Misono Suzuki
- Shou Nagahara: Yuuya Hirose
- Tsubasa Kaneko: Kentaro Kumagai
- Yasuhito Inaba: Mark Ishii
Visuals for each of the new characters were also released, which you can check out below:
Specific details on the cast members are as follows:
- Aoi Takizawa: Akane and Chinatsu’s friend. This third-year student often plays the “straight man” among her pals.
- Aira Miyamoto: A third year student, who’s seen as the most attractive girl in class. Though she’s a member of the brass band, she doesn’t actively participate. She gives off a strong leadership vibe.
- Ayane Mizuno: Akane’s big sister, who’s attending a private school in Tokyo. She’s honest and open, and proves to be a good source of advice for Akane. She’s also currently dating a construction worker.
- Daichi Ogasawara: A long-tiem friend of Roman and Kotaro, this third year studant seems to share little with his bros in the way of hobbies. Daichi’s cool and laid-back demeanor sometimes leads him to say things that are more hurtful than he intends.
- Daisuke Tachibana: Kotaro’s older brother. Daisuke is a college student who lives in Kawagoe, and tends to be his brother’s most trusted confidant.
- Hiroshi Mizuno: Akane’s father. Hiroshi works for a food company, which has him relocating fairly regularly. Currently, though, they’ve put roots down in Kawagoe.
- Junko Azumi: Kotaro’s mother. She met Ryuunosuke through their job at Kawagoe City Hall. Since Kotaro’s birth, though, she’s been a stay-at-home mom.
- Miu Imazu: A third-year student who’s interested in makeup, fashion, and landing the perfect guy. She’s also technically on the brass band, but she doesn’t participate (the Japanese description calls this a “ghost member”).
- Roman Yamashina: A long-time friend of Kotaro’s and third-year student. His good looks make him a hit with the ladies.
- Ryouko Sonoda: A music teacher. After two years of teaching, she finds herself somehow heading a homeroom. Male students want her, the girls want to be her.
- Ryuunosuke Azumi: Kotaro’s father, and a Kawagoe native. He’s a quiet man, who enjoys reading and listening to vintage records.
- Sakura Tanaka: A third year student, who’s a bit of an otaku and a shut-in. She’s a fan of light novels, and she’s curious about boys. One day, Sakura would like to go to Comiket.
- Saori Mizuno: Akane’s mother. Saori is a housewife who married somewhat young. Because of this, though, she’s able to better relate with her two daughters.
- Setsuko Satou: Another “ghost member” in the school brass band. She’s a generally kind girl who’s well-to-do, but she has trouble standing up and expressing herself.
- Shou Nagahara: A third-year student with a flair for the flamboyant, Shou’s not exactly the athletic type. Still, he manages to hold onto a spot on the school’s soccer team somehow.
- Tsubasa Kaneko: A third-year student and a member of the school’s baseball club. Tsubasa’s not exactly the type to bother himself with the notions of being considerate, and refers to himself as “ore-sama.”
- Yasuhito Inaba: A third-year student on the soccer team. He tends to blend in due to a fairly bland personality and plain face, but Yasuhito is smart, athletic, and gifted with a good grasp of common sense.
Tsuki ga Kirei will hit Japanese TV in April. Seiji Kishi (Angel Beats!, Yuki Yuna Is A Hero) was tapped to direct the series, while Yuuko Kakihara (Digimon Adventure tri., Orange) will tackle series composition. loundraw is providing original character designs on the project. Studio Flying Dog is producing the show’s music.
The previously confirmed cast includes:
- Chinatsu Nishio: Rie Murakawa
- Kotarō Azumi: Shōya Chiba
- Akane Mizuno: Konomi Kohara
- Takumi Hira: Atsushi Tamaru
Tsuki ga Kirei is an original project from Studio feel. The series is described as:
Kotarou Azumi and Akane Mizuno are entering their third year of junior high and, for the first time, are sharing a class together. These two, along with fellow classmates Chinatsu Nishio and Takumi Hira, find ways to relate to their peers through mutual emotions and understandings.