Major not-Kusanagi’s making another brief appearance before her big theatrical debut.
Earlier today, Paramount Pictures started streaming a new teaser trailer for their live-action Ghost in the Shell film. The 15-second promo, titled “Major C,” features Steve Aoki’s remix of the Ghost in the Shell vocal theme as a background track.
Ghost in the Shell hits theaters in the United States on March 31.
The live-action Ghost in the Shell movie was greenlit for production in January 2015. Disney originally stepped forward to produce the feature, which begins filming this year. Paramount signed on to co-produce the project in exchange for distribution rights in international markets.
In January, Paramount announced that they will handle all distribution for the feature.
Rupert Sanders (Snow White and the Huntsman) will direct the feature, which features a script by William Wheeler (The Hoax) and Jamie Moss (Street Kings). Straight Outta Compton writer Jonathan Herman was pulled onto the project to rewrite.
Ari Arad, Avi Arad and Steven Paul are attached as producers for the film. Michael Costigan, Jeffrey Silver, Tetsu Fujimura and Mitsuhisa Ishikawa will serve as executive producers.
The remaining confirmed crew members include:
- Cinematographer: Jess Hall (The Spectacular Now
- Editor: Neil Smith (Snow White and the Huntsman)
- Production Designer: Jan Roelfs (Fast & Furious 6)
- Costume Designer: Kurt Swanson (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay)
- Costume Designer: Bart Mueller (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay)
The confirmed cast in the film includes:
- The Major: Scarlett Johansson
- Batou: Pilou Asbæk
- Daisuke Aramaki: Beat Takeshi
- The Laughing Man: Sam Riley
- Dr. Ouelet: Juliette Binoche
- Section 9 Task Force Member: Tuwanda Manyimo
- Section 9 Task Force Member: Chin Han
- Section 9 Task Force Member: Lasarus Ratuere
- Section 9 Task Force Member: Yutaka Izumihara
Kaori Momoi (Memoirs of a Geisha) and Rila Fukushima (Game of Thrones, Arrow) are also in the film, though their roles are unnamed as of press time.
Several trailers have been released to promote the feature in North America and Japan. You can check these out below:
Source: YouTube (Paramount Pictures)