In the name of the moon, they’ll put on this show!
Earlier today, the official Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon website announced that a new Sailor Moon musical is in the works. The show, which is the fifth in the most recent series, will open at the AiiA 2.5 Theater Tokyo, followed by other venues.
The confirmed cast includes:
- Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino: Hotaru Nomoto
- Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno: Yume Takeuchi
- Sailor Mars/Rei Hino: Karen Kobayashi
- Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino: Kaede
- Sailor Venus/Minako Aino: Rimo Hasegawa
- Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenoh: Shu Shiotsuki
- Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaioh: Sayaka Fujioka
- Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meioh: Mieko Ishi
- Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe: Mirai
- Sailor Chibi Moon/Chibiusa: Airi Kanda
- Helios: Hikaru Hirayama
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask: Yuga Yamato
As of press time, the new musical hasn’t received an official title.
The Sailor Moon musicals went on hiatus in 2005. They returned with a new cast in 2013, with Sailor Moon the Musical -La Reconquista-. The shows in this latest run include:
- Sailor Moon The Musical -La Reconquista-: 9/13/2013 – 9/23/2013
- Sailor Moon The Musical -Petite Étrangère-: 8/21/2014 – 9/7/2014
- Sailor Moon The Musical -Un Nouveau Voyage-: 9/18/2015 – 10/4/2015
- Sailor Moon The Musical -Amour Eternal-: 10/15/2016 – 3/11/2017
The musical’s cast will appear at this year’s Anime Matsuri to perform Sailor Moon The Musical -Amour Eternal-
Source: Stage Natalie