The American branch of the Hestia Familia is making its big début at this year’s Anime Boston!
Yesterday, Anime Boston announced that the convention will host a launch event for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?‘s (Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Daro ka? / DanMachi for short) English dub. Voice actors Bryson Baugus and Kyle Colby Jones will attend the event, which is slated to take place in the Sheraton Hotel’s Grand Ballroom on March 31, at 5:00PM.
DanMachi hits retailers on March 28. Sentai will release the show in three versions:
- Premium Edition Blu-Ray
The premium edition will include a poster, booklet, ribbon, hardcover companion book, static clings, and lenticular card.
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? is based on Fujino Omori and Suzuhito Yasuda’s light novel series of the same name. Yoshiki Yamakawa (Kill Me Baby, Little Busters!) directed the series at J.C. Staff, while Shigeki Kimoto (Sky Girls) provided character designs. Hideki Shirane (Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Queen’s Blade: Rebellion) was in charge of series composition.
Kyle Colby Jones is directing the show’s English adaptation, and co-writing the scripts with Katelyn Barr. The confirmed cast includes:
- Bell Cranel: Bryson Baugus
- Hestia: Luci Christian
- Liliruca Arde: Hilary Haag
- Welf Crozzo: David Wald
- Eina Tulle: Shelby Blocker
- Ais Wallenstein: Shelley Calene-Black
- Ryu Lion: Genevieve Simmons
- Hermes: Benjamin McLaughlin
- Loki: Christina Kelly
- Syr Flover: Juliet Simmons
- Asfi Al Andromeda: Serena Varghese
- Hephaistos: Stephanie Wittels
- Mord: Rob Mungle
- Ganesha: John Swasey
- Kasima Ouka: Jack Ivy
- Bete Loga: Ty Mahany
- Yamato Mikoto: Margaret Lewis
- Gedo: Kregg Dailey
- Freya: Patricia Duran
- Tiona Hiryute: Karlii Hoch
- Tione Hiryute: Natalie Rial
- Riveria Ljos Alf: Melissa Pritchett
- Hitachi Chigusa: Kara Greenberg
- Garneau: Andrew Love
- Finn Deimne: Shannon Emerick
- Takemikazuchi: Adam Gibbs
- ‘Mama’ Mia Grand: Brenda Valdevia
- Bors: Josh Morrison
- Grandfather: Chris Gibson
- Scott: Kyle Colby Jones
- Misha Flot: Kelley Peters
- Anya Fromel: Carolyn Medrano
- Miach: Mike Yager
- Ottarl: John Gremillion
- Demeter: Kelly Manison
- Lefiya: Kelley Peters
- Gareth Landrock: Christopher Ayres
- Lunor Faust: Kara Greenberg
The 13-episode series originally aired during the Spring 2015 anime season, first hitting the airwaves on April 3. Sentai Filmworks currently holds the rights to the DanMachi anime series, while Yen Press releases the novels. Crunchyroll streamed the anime as it aired in Japan.
Sentai Filmworks describes the show as:
In Orario, fearless adventurers band together in search of fame and fortune within the monstrous underground labyrinth known as Dungeon.
But while riches and renown are incentive enough for most, Bell Cranel, would-be hero extraordinaire, has bigger plans.
He wants to pick up girls.
Is it wrong to face the perils of Dungeon alone, in a single-member guild blessed by a failed goddess? Maybe. Is it wrong to dream of playing hero to hapless maidens in Dungeon? Maybe not. After one misguided adventure, Bell quickly discovers that anything can happen in the labyrinth–even chance encounters with beautiful women. The only problem? He’s the one who winds up the damsel in distress!!
Source: Anime Boston