Remember the flower? The one we saw that day? Well, it’s coming back in a whole new light.
Earlier today, Aniplex of America announced that they are producing an English dub for the anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day anime TV series. The company published a 45-second teaser to their YouTube channel, which confirms a Summer 2017 release.
The full cast includes:
- Jinta Yadomi: Griffin Burns
- Meiko Honma: Xanthe Huynh
- Naruko Anjo: Erica Lindbeck
- Atsumu Matsuyuki: Ray Chase
- Chiriko Tsurumi: Erica Mendez
- Tetsudo Hisakawa: Kaiji Tang
- Atsushi Yadomi: Kirk Thornton
- Toko Yadomi: Laura Post
- Jinta (Child): Tara Sands
- Atsumu (Child): Michelle Ruff
- Poppo (Child): Abby Trott
- Haruna: Cherami Leigh
- Aki: Brianna Knickerbocker
- Manabu Honma: Christopher Smith
- Irene Honma: Karen Strassman
- Satoshi Honma: Marianne Miller
Patrick Seitz was tapped to direct.
anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day is an original project from A-1 Pictures. Tatsuyuki Nagai (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Toradora!) directed the show, with Masayoshi Tanaka (High School of the Dead, Anthem of the Heart) providing character designs. Mari Okada (Black Butler, A Lull in the Sea) wrote the scripts.
NIS America originally released anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day on Blu-Ray in North America. Aniplex of America released the theatrical film, and partnered with Eleven Arts for a theatrical run.
NIS America described the series as:
Jinta Yadomi and his group of childhood friends have become estranged after a tragic accident split them apart. Now in their high school years, a sudden surprise forces each of them to confront their guilt over what happened that day and come to terms with the ghosts of their past. With their childhood friend Menma back in their lives, the “Super Peace Busters” put their personal issues aside and work together to grant her one true wish. But to do it right, they’ll have to overcome years of shame, hard feelings, and heartache.
Source: YouTube (AniplexUS)