Meet the newest recruit in the War on Pants! May they march boldly on to victory!
Earlier today, Funimation unveiled their English dub cast for Brave Witches. The show will star the following:
- Flight Sergeant Hikari Karibuchi: Madeleine Morris
- Sub-Lieutenant Takami Karibuchi: Amber Lee Connors
- Pilot Officer Naoe Kanno: Mikaela Krantz
- Flight Sergeant Nikka Edvardine “Nipa” Katajainen: Krystal LaPorte
- Flight Lieutenant Aleksandra Ivanovna “Sasha” Pokryshkin: Monica Rial
- Squadron Leader Gundula Rall: Rachel Robinson
- Flight Sergeant Edytha “Meister” Rossman: Jill Harris
- Flying Officer Waltrud Krupinski: Felecia Angelle
- Pilot Officer Georgette Lemare: Natalie Hoover
- Flight Sergeant Shimohara Sadako: Dawn M. Bennett
- Narrator: Jeremy Schwartz
- Mia Misumi (Episode 1): Kristen McGuire
- Takeko Karibuchi (Episode 1): Terri Doty
- Kouhei Karibuchi (Episode 1): Christopher Bevins
- Principal Fumika Kitagou (Episode 1): Nicole Endicott
- Lieutenant Commander Mie Shindou (Episode 1): Jessica Cavanagh
- Admiral Yoshizaburo Oosawa (Episode 1): Bill Jenkins
- Mizunuma (Episode 1): Dave Trosko
Christopher Bevins is directing the dub, which features scripts by Tyson Rinehart. Jeremy Woods is serving as ADR engineer for the project, while Neal Malley works as Mix Engineer.
Funimation’s Brave Witches dub premieres on May 8 at 10:00PM Eastern (7:00PM Pacific).
Brave Witches aired during the Fall 2016 broadcast season. The title is a spinoff of Strike Witches, which focuses on the 502nd “Brave Witches” Joint Fighter Wing squadron. Strike Witches director Kazuhiro Takamura will return to direct the series at Silver Link, while also filling the role of character designer. Striker Unit is credited with series composition, while Humikane Shimada is listed as original character designer.
Funimation describes Brave Witches as:
In 1930, the enemy of humanity, “Neuroi,” suddenly appeared in Europe. Normal weaponry was ineffective on the Neuroi, and the only ones capable of fighting them were young girls with magical powers, known as “Witches.” “Brave Witches” takes place in between seasons 1 and 2 of “Strike Witches.” In September of 1944, thanks to the actions of the Allied Forces, with the 501st Joint Fighter Wing “Strike Witches” at their center, the Neuroi nest in the skies above the Republic of Gallia was eliminated, ensuring the security of western Europe. The Allied Forces took advantage of this victory to plan to take their resistance to central and eastern Europe in earnest. At their base in Petersburg in the Empire of Orussia, the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing “Brave Witches” prepared to receive orders to deploy… With the hope of mankind at their backs, the courageous Witches of the 502nd take to the cold skies over eastern Europe.
Source: Funimation Blog