So, can we call this “Gundam: Axis Powers” yet?
Earlier today, the official Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight AXIS anime website updated with a new promotional video. The 105-second trailer confirms the show’s crew, a June 23 premiere, and several new cast members.
Se Jun Kim will direct the series at Sunrise, with Takashi Ohmama (Castle Town Dandelion) scoring the soundtrack. Se Jun Kim is also writing the series’s scripts.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Art Director: Hideki Nakamura
- Conceptual Design: Ark Performance
- Editor: Kazuhiro Nii
- Chief Mechanical Animation Director: Shingo Abe
- Mechanical Design: Se Jun Kim
- Mechanical Design: Shingo Abe
- Original Mechanical Design: Kunio Okawara
- Color Design: Nagisa Abe
- Director of Photography: Atsushi Iwasaki
- Sound Director: Sadayoshi Fujino
- Story Design: Ark Performance
- Concept Design: Ark Performance
The series will star the following:
- Arlette Armaju: Risa Shimizu
- Mehmet Merka: Daisuke Ono
- Danton Haileg: Shuuhei Sakaguchi
- Quentin Fermo: Toshiki Masuda
Visuals for the four characters were unveiled, which you can check out below:
The confirmed mobile suits include:
- AMX-011S Zaku III-Kai
- RX-78AN-01 Gundam AN-01 “Tristan”
- RGM-89 Jegan (Barnum Unit)
- RX-160G Byarlant Isolde
- AMX-104 R-Jarja
Visuals for the mobile suits can be seen below:
Bandai will start selling HGUC 1/144 models for the Gundam AN-01 and Zaku III Kai in June.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight AXIS is based on Ark Performance and Koujirou Nakamura’s novel series of the same name. As of press time, six episodes are planned. The first five episodes will run for three minutes, while the finale will be an eight-minute episode. The first episode will première on the Gundam Fan Club, YouTube, Bandai Channel, and the Yakitate Bunko book imprint’s digital service. Future episodes will be exclusive to the Gundam Fan Club.
The Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight AXIS light novels began publication under Yatate Bunko’s imprint in November 2016. One book has been published as of press time.
Source: Animate Times