Bloody. Fun. Or “bloody fun,” by some metrics.
Yesterday, Funimation revealed that they licensed the live-action Tokyo Ghoul movie. The publisher plans a North American release, which includes a theatrical run. For the screenings, Funimation will present the movie in Japanese with English subtitles.
Furthermore, Funimation confirmed that Cinema Today’s livestream presentation regarding the film will be subtitled. The presentation is slated to debut on Friday at 5:30AM Eastern. Director Kentarō Hagiwara, actor Masataka Kubota, and original creator Sui Ishida (via internet – text-only) will host the event. A “special announcement” is planned, though details on the specifics are still unknown.
The stream is embedded below:
The Tokyo Ghoul movie is based on Sui Ishida’s manga of the same name. The film, which opens on July 29, will be directed by Kentarō Hagiwara. Masanori Morikawa, a fan of Ishida’s manga and a Christian Dada designer, crafted the masks and costumes for the film’s ghouls.
The confirmed cast includes:
- Ken Kaneki: Masataka Kubota
- Tōka Kirishima: Fumika Shimizu
- Rize Kamishiro: Yuu Aoi
- Kōtarō Amon: Nobuyuki Suzuki
- Kureo Mado: Yo Oizumi
- Kuzen Yoshimura: Kunio Murai
- Enji Koma: Kenta Hamano
- Kaya Irimi: Nozomi Sasaki
- Renji Yomo: Shuntarō Yanagi
- Hinami Fueguchi: Hiyori Sakurada
- Ryōko Fueguchi: Shōko Aida
- Hideyoshi “Hide” Nagachika: Kai Ogasawara
- Uta: Minosuke Bandō
- Nishio Nishiki: Shunya Shiraishi
- Yoriko Kosaka: Seika Furuhata
- Ippei Kusaba: Tomoya Maeno
- Hisashi Ogura: Dankan
- Akihiro Kanō: Ryō Iwamatsu
Source: Funimation Blog