Two new folks are coming in for an absolute blast this summer.
Yesterday, the official Saiyuki Reload Blast anime website updated with two new role reveals. The following will join the show’s cast:
- Rei: Haruhi Nanao
- Tamuro: Yuuki Kaji
Visuals for the new characters were also released, which you can check out below:
Saiyuki Reload Blast will hit Japanese TV this on July 5. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- AT-X: 7/5/2017 at 22:30 (7/5/2017 at 10:30PM)
- Tokyo MX: 7/6/2017 at 24:00 (7/7/2017 at midnight)
- Sun TV: 7/7/2017 at 23:30 (7/7/2017 at 11:30PM)
- BS11: 7/9/2017 at 25:30 (7/10/2017 at 1:30AM)
- TV Aichi: 7/10/2017 at 27:05 (7/11/2017 at 3:05AM)
This will be the first Saiyuki anime that isn’t animated by Studio Pierrot. Hideaki Nakano (Aoharu x Machinegun, SerVamp) will direct the project at Platinum Vision, with Youko Satou (Dog & Scissors, Pipopapo Patrol-kun) providing character designs. Kenji Konuta (Blood Lad, Library War) will oversee the show’s scripts.
Previously, Nakano and Konuta worked together on Aoharu x Machinegun and SerVamp.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Cho Hakkai: Akira Ishida
- Sha Gojyo: Hiroaki Hirata
- Son Goku: Souichiro Hoshi
- Genjo Sanzo: Toshihiko Seki
- Dokugakuji: Jin Yamanoi
- Crown Prince Nataku: Kaho Kouda
- Merciful Goddess: Rei Igarashi
- Kōgaiji: Takeshi Kusao
- Taruchie: Chiwa Saito
- Saitaisai: Junichi Suwabe
Kazuya Minekura’s Saiyuki Reload Blast began publication in Ichijinsha’s Comic Zero-Sum magazine in 2009. The series has been serialized irregularly since 2013 due to Minekura’s declining health.
The original Saiyuki manga spawned a 1999 OVA and 2000 TV series, along with a sequel film, Saiyuki Requiem: A Requiem for The One Not Chosen, and OVA series Saiyuki: A Sin of Hope. TV series Saiyuki Reload aired in Fall 2003, while Saiyuki ReLoad GunLock hit Japanese TV in Spring 2004.
Most recently, OVA series Saiyuki Gaiden hit Japanese stores in 2011.
Two promo videos for Saiyuki Reload Blast were released to promote the series. You can check these out below:
Source: Animate Times