Somewhere, some dude is doing his best The Count impression with this title.
Earlier today, Silver Link unveiled their first visual for upcoming anime project Two Car (Tsuuka). The image features leading ladies Megumi Meguro (Left) and Yuri Miyata (Right) standing by a fence by the side of the road. Both are holding a motorcycle helmet.
Two Car is an original project from Silver Link to celebrate the company’s tenth anniversary.The title will hit Japanese TV this October on the following networks:
- Tokyo MX
- Sun TV
- KBS Kyoto
- and BS Fuji
Masafumi Tamura (Ange Vierge) is directing Two Car at Silver Link, with Yuki Sawairi (Masamune-kun’s Revenge) providing character designs. Katsuhiko Takayama (Aldnoah.Zero, Sagrada Reset) is in charge of series composition and writing the scripts.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Original Concept: Nikoichi
- Original Character Designer: Tiv
- Music: Ryou Takahashi
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
- Music Production: Lantis
Two Car will focus on two young ladies who enter the world of motorcycle sidecar racing. Yuri Miyata and Megumi Meguro are natives of Miyake Island, a small, thinly-populated island that’s in the Tokyo Metropolitan Prefecture. At first blush, the two are polar opposites. Yuri is a girly, cool-headed girl whose family owns a guesthouse, while Megumi is the impulsive and glamorous daughter of inn owners. And yes, they butt heads at times, but when they hit the track, the two girls form an incredible team.
The two find themselves in a battle for supremacy on the track, against teams from across Japan. As one would expect, the girls’ opponents are made up of equally quirky pairs, such as an honor students and a slacker, a sadist and a masochist, and a manzai comedy duo.
Specific character descriptions include:
- Yuri Miyata: Yuri is a girly, cool-headed girl whose family runs a guesthouse. Her slender build makes her an ideal driver, and she works both the accelerator and brake in a race.
- Megumi Meguro: Megumi is a tomboyish, impulsive girl whose family runs an inn. Her heavier build makes her a stronger passenger, where her acrobatic abilities and weight help to handle cornering.