Why did the chicken cross the road? Oh, just because.
Earlier today, the official Just Because! anime website updated with details on the show’s opening and closing theme songs. The show’s opening theme will be performed by Nagi Yanagi, who’s also serving as music producer for the series. The show’s closing theme song will be performed by actresses Karin Isobe, Yuna Yoshino, and Lynn.
As of press time, titles haven’t been revealed for either song.
Just Because! will hit Japanese TV in October. Tokyo MX, AT-X, and BS Fuji will all carry the series.
Just Because! is an original project from studio Pine Jam. Atsushi Kobayashi was tapped to direct the project, with Hiroyuki Yoshii (Tawawa on Monday) providing character designs. Hajime Kamoshida (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou light novels) is in charge of the title’s scripts.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Original Character Design: Kiseki Himuro
- Music Producer: Nagi Yanagi
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Eita Izumi: Aoi Ichikawa
- Mio Natsume: Karin Isobe
- Yōto Sōma: Taishi Murata
- Hadzuki Morikawa: Yuna Yoshino
- Ena Komiya: Lynn
Pine Jam first teased Just Because! with a series of flyers, which were passed out on April 1. An official website did open at the time, though it had closed its doors shortly afterwards.
Pine Jam describes Just Because! as:
It’s the winter of their third year in high school, close to the end of the second semester, when students have little time left in their high school life. Everyone was just counting the days until graduation.
Then he suddenly came home.
He was their middle school classmate who moved far away. And yet, they were reunited by this peculiarly timed transfer. It was as if a signal chimed out to the emotions of these students, who thought they’d end their high school life with little commotion.
Pine Jam previously released a visual and descriptions for the major characters. The image features the following characters from left to right:
- Hazuki Morikawa
- Haruto Soma
- Mio Natsumi
- Eita Izumi
- Ena Komiya
Specific character details are as follows:
- Hazuki Morikawa: Hazuki is a member of the school’s concert band. Her family has taken care of a farm since the time of her grandfather, but Hazuki’s already chosen her preferred college. Hazuki isn’t the type to stand out in class, and tends to seem disinterested in romantic relationships.
- Haruto Soma: Haruto already managed to land a job after graduation. As a member of the school’s baseball team, Haruto still hopes to hit one last shot out of the park when he confesses to someone he likes.
- Eita Izumi: Eita is a transfer student who moved away from his hometown four years prior. By chance, he has returned to town, and managed to reunite with Haruto, a friend he’s not seen since middle school.
- Mio Natsumi: Mio was Eita and Haruto’s classmate in middle school. She is studying hard to get into a good college, though unrequited feelings for a middle-school flame still continue to haunt her.
- Ena Komiya: Ena is a second-year student, who’s also member of the school’s photography club. The photography club is on the brink of being disbanded, sadly. In a last-ditch effort to save her club, Ena aims to enter a photography contest. While searching for a good photo op, though, Ena witnesses Eita and Haruto’s reunion.
Previously, Pine Jam released a pair of promo videos to promote Just Because!. You can check these out below:
Sources: Anime! Anime!