Megumi and Yuri are dressed for success as they hit the track!
Earlier today, the official Two Car anime website updated with a new key visual. The image features lead characters Megumi and Yuri, both clad in their racing gear.
Two Car will premiere on October 7. The series will air on the following networks:
- AT-X: 10/7/2017 at 24:00 (10/8/2017 at midnight)
- Tokyo MX: 10/9/2017 at 24:30 (10/10/2017 at 12:30AM)
- Sun TV: 10/9/2017 at 24:30 (10/10/2017 at 12:30AM)
- KBS Kyoto: 10/9/2017 at 24:30 (10/10/2017 at 12:30AM)
- BS Fuji: 10/9/2017 at 24:30 (10/10/2017 at 12:30AM)
AT-X will show repeats on Sundays at 22:00 (Sundays at 10:00PM), Tuesdays at 16:00 (Tuesdays at 4:00PM), and Fridays at 08:00 (Fridays at 8:00AM).
Two Car is an original project from Silver Link to celebrate the company’s tenth anniversary. Masafumi Tamura (Ange Vierge) is directing the show at Silver Link, with Yuki Sawairi (Masamune-kun’s Revenge) providing character designs. Katsuhiko Takayama (Aldnoah.Zero, Sagrada Reset) is in charge of series composition and writing the scripts.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Original Concept: Nikoichi
- Original Character Designer: Tiv
- Music: Ryou Takahashi
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
- Music Production: Lantis
Two Car will focus on two young ladies who enter the world of motorcycle sidecar racing. Yuri Miyata and Megumi Meguro are natives of Miyake Island, a small, thinly-populated island that’s in the Tokyo Metropolitan Prefecture. At first blush, the two are polar opposites. Yuri is a girly, cool-headed girl whose family owns a guesthouse, while Megumi is the impulsive and glamorous daughter of inn owners. And yes, they butt heads at times, but when they hit the track, the two girls form an incredible team.
The two find themselves in a battle for supremacy on the track, against teams from across Japan. As one would expect, the girls’ opponents are made up of equally quirky pairs, such as an honor students and a slacker, a sadist and a masochist, and a manzai comedy duo.
Specific character descriptions include:
- Yuri Miyata: Yuri is a girly, cool-headed girl whose family runs a guesthouse. Her slender build makes her an ideal driver, and she works both the accelerator and brake in a race.
- Megumi Meguro: Megumi is a tomboyish, impulsive girl whose family runs an inn. Her heavier build makes her a stronger passenger, where her acrobatic abilities and weight help to handle cornering.
Silver Link released a promo video to promote the series on Tuesday. You can check it out below: