This tale of two riders just got a little bit bigger.
Earlier today, the official Two Car anime website unveiled the show’s main cast members. The series will star the following:
- Yuri Miyata: Aoi Koga
- Megumi Meguro: Aimi Tanaka
- Mutsuki Shimazu: Ayaka Saito
- Chiyuki Shiohara: Sarah Emi Bridcutt
- Misaki Nagai: Haruka Tomatsu
- Izumi Murata: Ayaka Nanase
- Nagisa Suzuki: Misato Fukuen
- Maria Shishido: Aya Suzaki
- Yuria Shishido: Aya Suzaki
- Kanae Kawamata: Ayaka Shimizu
- Tamae Kuribayashi: Arisa Morishima
- Mao Katakura: Arisa Shida
- Hitomi Iseki: Ayahi Takagaki
- Arisu Amano: Maya Yoshioka
- Kurosu Itō: Yumiri Hanamori
- Ai Maita: Sora Tokui
- Nene Itagaki: Mana Hirata
- Hibari Takada: Sakura Nakamura
- Tsugumi Nakajima: Maria Naganawa
The voices for Yuri and Megumi were previously revealed. The site also updated with character designs for each of the roles, which you can check out below:
Two Car will première on October 7. The series will air on the following networks:
- AT-X: 10/7/2017 at 24:00 (10/8/2017 at midnight)
- Tokyo MX: 10/9/2017 at 24:30 (10/10/2017 at 12:30AM)
- Sun TV: 10/9/2017 at 24:30 (10/10/2017 at 12:30AM)
- KBS Kyoto: 10/9/2017 at 24:30 (10/10/2017 at 12:30AM)
- BS Fuji: 10/9/2017 at 24:30 (10/10/2017 at 12:30AM)
AT-X will show repeats on Sundays at 22:00 (Sundays at 10:00PM), Tuesdays at 16:00 (Tuesdays at 4:00PM), and Fridays at 08:00 (Fridays at 8:00AM).
Two Car is an original project from Silver Link to celebrate the company’s tenth anniversary. Masafumi Tamura (Ange Vierge) is directing the show at Silver Link, with Yuki Sawairi (Masamune-kun’s Revenge) providing character designs. Katsuhiko Takayama (Aldnoah.Zero, Sagrada Reset) is in charge of series composition and writing the scripts.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Original Concept: Nikoichi
- Original Character Designer: Tiv
- Music: Ryou Takahashi
- Sound Director: Toshiki Kameyama
- Music Production: Lantis
Two Car will focus on two young ladies who enter the world of motorcycle sidecar racing. Yuri Miyata and Megumi Meguro are natives of Miyake Island, a small, thinly-populated island that’s in the Tokyo Metropolitan Prefecture. At first blush, the two are polar opposites. Yuri is a girly, cool-headed girl whose family owns a guesthouse, while Megumi is the impulsive and glamorous daughter of inn owners. And yes, they butt heads at times, but when they hit the track, the two girls form an incredible team.
The two find themselves in a battle for supremacy on the track, against teams from across Japan. As one would expect, the girls’ opponents are made up of equally quirky pairs, such as an honor students and a slacker, a sadist and a masochist, and a manzai comedy duo.
Silver Link released a promo video to promote the series on August 8. You can check it out below: