The night is young, but the blood of samurai will always be en vogue in the anime world.
Earlier today, Crunchyroll announced that they will stream Sengoku Night Blood as part of their Fall 2017 simulcast lineup. The publisher plans to stream the series in all regions outside of Asia starting October 3 at 8:00AM Pacific (11:00AM Eastern).
Sengoku Night Blood is based on Marvelous, Kadokawa, and Otomate’s smartphone game of the same name. Katsuya Kikuchi (Idol Memories, The Royal Tutor) is directing the project at Typhoon Graphics, with the team of Chisato Nakata (Room Mate), Rena Okuyama (Idol Memories, The Royal Tutor), and Sei Komatsubara (Chivalry of a Failed Knight) providing character designs. Yuuko Kakihara () is in charge of series composition.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Yuzuki: Rie Kugimiya
- Sasuke Sarutobi (Werewolves/Sanada Army): Ayumu Murase
- Yukimura Sanada (Werewolves/Sanada Army): Daiki Yamashita
- Kagemochi Arakasu (Werewolves/Uesugi Army): Hikaru Midorikawa
- Nobuhara Baba (Werewolves/Takeda Army): Hiroki Yasumoto
- Toshiie Maeda (Vampires/Toyotomi Army): Ikkei Yamamoto
- Shingen Takeda (Werewolves/Takeda Army): Katsuyuki Konishi
- Kageie Kakizaki (Werewolves/Uesugi Army): Kazuyuki Okitsu
- Masatoyo Naitou (Werewolves/Takeda Army): Kōtarō Nishiyama
- Kenshin Uesugi (Werewolves/Uesugi Army): Kousuke Toriumi
- Katsuie Shibata (Vampires/Oda Army): Masakazu Morita
- Hideyoshi Toyotomi (Vampires/Toyotomi Army): Natsuki Hanae
- Shigezane Date (Werewolves/Date Army): Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Mitsuhide Akechi (Vampires/Oda Army): Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Saizou Kirigakure (Werewolves/Sanada Army): Ryō Kitamura
- Masanobu Kousaka (Werewolves/Takeda Army): Ryohei Kimura
- Hanbee Takenaka (Vampires/Toyotomi Army): Ryota Ohsaka
- Nobuyuki Sanada (Werewolves/Sanada Army): Showtaro Morikubo
- Kanbee Kuroda (Vampires/Toyotomi Army): Shunsuke Takeuchi
- Kamanosuke Yuri (Werewolves/Sanada Army): Taku Yashiro
- Kojuro Katakura (Werewolves/Date Army): Takuya Satō
- Kanetsugu Naoe (Werewolves/Uesugi Army): Tetsuya Kakihara
- Nagahide Niwa (Vampires/Oda Army): Tomoaki Maeno
- Nobunaga Oda (Vampires/Oda Army): Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Mitsunari Ishida (Vampires/Toyotomi Army): Yoshihide Sasaki
- Kagekatsu Uesugi (Werewolves/Uesugi Army): Yoshihiko Aramaki
- Masakage Yamagata (Werewolves/Takeda Army): Yoshiki Nakajima
- Masamune Date (Werewolves/Date Army): Yuichiro Umehara
- Ranmaru Mori (Vampires/Oda Army): Yūsuke Kobayashi
The entire voice cast from the original smartphone game returned to reprise their roles.
Crunchyroll describes Sengoku Night Blood as:
One day, Yuzuki is enveloped by a mysterious light suddenly emanating from her cell phone and finds herself in an unfamiliar place.
The scenery spread out before her almost resembles Sengoku period Japan–
But this is another world known as “Shinga” where non-human creatures such as vampires and werewolves reside.
Long ago, the various tribes of Shinga lived together peacefully under the protection of the Himemiko who possessed special blood.
However, one day the Himemiko suddenly vanished.
With the protection of the Himemiko gone, the world has fallen into a period of strife as the warlords of the Gegga Tribes started fighting one another vying for control. And, as if summoned by all the unrest, strange monsters called “Yakuma” run rampant throughout the land attacking the inhabitants.
Hideyoshi Toyotomi, who leads the Toyotomi Army, takes in Yuzuki after rescuing her on the battlefield and accidentally discover that her blood awakens the latent powers of the Gegga Tribes.
Upon learning of the power of Yuzuki’s blood, the other warlords–Oda, Uesugi, Takeda, Sanada and Date–begin pursuing Yuzuki, each for their own purposes.
“Find the girl from another world,” were the parting words from the vanished Himemiko left to Imari, a white tanuki bearing a teakettle. Yakuma continue to appear in increasing numbers and touched by Yuzuki’s powers the warlords struggle with what to protect and what to fight. A new story comes together in the midst of war set in another world…