Soon, this world of swords and sorcery will open for everyone to explore.
Earlier today, fans flocked to the Fantasia Bunko Festival 2017 (or watched the stream on NicoNico), which hosted a Record of Grancrest War panel. At the event, three new cast members were unveiled.
Meanwhile, the show’s official website updated with a new key visual and teaser trailer. We break the details down below:
The minute-long trailer introduces the major cast members. Character dialogue provides details on the early story beats.
The new visual features the major characters, posing before a cliff side littered with the blades of the fallen.
The following will join the show’s cast:
- Aubest Meletes: Satoshi Mikami
- Layla: Ayane Sakura
- Cammy: Ari Ozawa
Visuals for each character were also revealed, which you can check out below.
Record of Grancrest War hits Japanese TV in January 2018. The series is based on a light novel series by Record of Lodoss War creator Ryo Mizuno and illustrator Miyuu. Mamoru Hatakeyama (Sankarea: Undying Love, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East) was tapped to direct the project at A-1 Pictures, with Hiroshi Yakou providing character designs. The team of Ryo Mizuno (Record of Lodoss War) and Shunsaku Yano will take charge of series composition.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Theo Cornaro: Kentarō Kumagai
- Siluca Meletes: Akari Kitō
- Irvin: Yūichi Nakamura
- Aishela: Reina Ueda
- Lassic David: Satoshi Hino
- Moreno Dortous: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- Priscilla: Natsumi Takamori
- Marrine Kreische: Ai Kayano
- Villar Constance: Takahiro Sakurai
- Mirza Kooches: Wataru Hatano
- Alex Deux: Yūichi Iguchi
- Ema: Minori Suzuki
- Luna: Megumi Nakajima
- Margret Odius: Yuko Kaida
- Laura Hardley: Chika Anzai
- Helga Pialoza: Yumi Uchiyama
- Coleen Messala: Kaede Hondo
Aniplex of America holds the North American rights to the series, and started streaming a subtitled trailer earlier this week. You can check it out below: